Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Favorite Villa on St. John or St. Thomas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for clean fairly updated 2 or 3 bedroom villa a short walk from the beach.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 03:46 PM

Avoid St. Thomas pleasde...

Check this out:

www.windspree.com

www.vivacations.com

These are the best guys on the island!
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 07:06 AM

A short walk from which beach? There are several different beaches on St. John, and you need to decide which side of the Island you want to be on, before you decide on a Villa.

Personally, I'd give up a short walk to the beach in order to have amazing night views of St. Croix, St. Thomas, the sunset, etc.... St. John is just not a place that has a lot of villas on the beach, unless you want to stay at Canneel.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 04:07 PM

2 villas..next door to each other : Kallallo Villa, 3 bedroom, pool -- Terrahawk Villa, 2 bedroom, no pool. the location is great..on the north shore, right across from Gibney Beach which is one of my favorites. haven't stayed at either but if i were to choose, it would be Kallallo, Terrahawk seems to be a bit more basic. also i like having a pool for morning and evenings. www.caterdto.com has the listings -- very nice company/top notch group !! good luck !!
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 05:58 AM

55martin: While there may be 2 or 3 bedroom villas within a relatively short walking distance from the beach, I think you need to be a little more specific. In STJ, one villa comes to mind which is right on the water, but it's kind of a stony beach, fine if you just want to plop a chair down somewhere but not good for activities. Also, what other aspects are important to you? For example, how important are great views, airconditioning, a pool, etc. What do you want out of a beach? Good snorkeling or swimming? The more specific, the easier it is for folks to respond with suggestions. This is of course, my humble opinion.
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 06:14 AM

Check out:
http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/
We stayed at the Stone House, which is not on the beach, but it is only a short walk to the Westin. Have fun!