Search

Family AI?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 04:39 PM
thinking

Family AI?

We're a family of 5, kids under 10, looking for 2 connecting rooms at an ai resort. We've already done Almond Village, Beaches TC & Negril already. This time we're looking for a resort that's not in DR or Mex. I need to have confidence that the kids can drink the tap water and eat salad and not get sick. We like a good swimup pool bar, snorkeling from the beach if possible, and some nice resturant choices for dinner. Any suggestions?

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 03:29 AM
pam

Try St. Lucia or Aruba. I take it from your post you were sick in these other 2 destinations. Difficult to find a place where the tap water is acceptable. I don't recall about about the tap water as I always drink bottled water whether home or traveling.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:21 AM
thinking

Thanks for the suggestion of St. Lucia or Aruba. I guess I'm stuck with which ai resorts cater nicely to families and where I can get connecting rooms. I also drink bottled water, but worry that the kids will drink tap out of habbit when brushing their teeth.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 03:11 PM
fabila

Try the Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua. Great swim-up bar, beautiful pools and lovely beach. Water is safe, salads are good and they will enjoy the grill right by the beach and pool which serves hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, fries from 12:00 to 5:00 pm every day. High tea is about 4:30 with finger sandwiches and drinks. <BR><BR>They have a children's club but our 12 year old was too old for it. Look on Carib-on-line's website and go to Antigua's forum for more information.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 03:28 PM
Penney

Bucanneer in St. Criox

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:36 AM
andrea

try Club St Lucia, they have family suites that sleep up to five, king bed in bedroom, living room w/ double sofa bed and single chair that converts to a bed. Lot's cheaper than two rooms. We're going to Jolly Harbour villas in antigua because we couldn't get the flights we wanted at a price we were willing to pay from the UK.<BR><BR>Andrea

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 03:19 PM
thinking

Thank you for your responses. I have been researching Jolly Beach Resort but don't like that they nickle/dime regarding surcharges at dinner. I think they should just raise rates across the board and not surcharge for shrimp/steak. Club St. Lucia doesn't seem to have enough dining options. Any other thoughts?

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:57 PM
fabila

I wasn't too happy about the surcharge either but the lobster and shrimp at the Italian restaurant were worth it. Additionally you are charged tax and a 15% tip, but that isn't much at all on a $30 U.S. bill. I had the smallest hotel bill ever when we checked out. Don't let that be the only reason you don't go to JBR. <BR><BR>I realize with 5 people if you all were surcharged it would add up. But a lot of people didn't order the specials and/or ate at the Buffets. There are 3 restaurants in addition to the buffet restaurant for you to eat at with different entrees that you wouldn't have to order the shrimp and lobster. With 3 children the buffets might work better for you anyway. Longer hours where dinner is served and more relaxed, less formal.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:02 AM
andrea

I though Club St lucia has five restaurants. Int Grill, thaI-Oriental-Italian, plus two others can't remember.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 04:35 AM
thinking

Thank you Andrea for posting about CSL. I was discounting it because of all the negative reviews that I read well over a year ago. The recent reviews I just read sounds pretty good. Most travellers said that it's a 3 star property and don't expect "Sandals" quality. Is that how you felt? Fabila did you go to CSL in the past? It sounds like JBR & CSL are comparable...do you think that's correct?