Experience with cheapcaribbean.com

Old Nov 19th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experience with cheapcaribbean.com

I've been looking into packages for a trip to Aruba. Cheapcaribbean.com's package at the same resort with the same flight configuration is a couple of hundred $$ less than expedia, hotwire, etc.

I checked the BBB site and the bad news is they have a lot of complaints (27 in the last 12 months; 57 in the last 36 months).

However, the good (or at least hopeful) news is that in looking at some of the details, most of those complaints were resolved.

It would be great to save a couple of hundred $$ on a package. But, on the other hand, I'd be willing to spend the extra money if it would mean having a great vacation without a hassle or subsequently having to file a complaint with the BBB.

I saw a post on this same topic, but it's kind of dated ('03 I think) and seemed to involve a complicated situation (moving an entire group of people because of a hurricane) that likely would have been a logistical nightmare for anyone.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has any more current experiences with this outfit.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 05:19 AM

YOu get what you pay for, in most instances. Is saving a little worth one ounce of problems while on vacation -- even if it gets cleared up "later"? Not everyone contacts BBB, a lot of people just give up persuing a problem out of frustration. You have probably only seen the tip of the iceberg.

I would RUN as fast as I could on this one, IMHO.

You can get good deals elsewhere and find lots of solid advice here and on other sites.

Good luck!

Deb
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 05:29 AM

We used Cheapcaribbean for a trip to Punta Cana this year and had no issues.
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 10:54 AM

Cheapcaribbean.com, I have found, always has the best prices. What I do is find what I want then call my Travel Agent who is Liberty Travel http://www.libertytravel.com they will price match Cheap Caribbean!!

Been doing this for years...NEVER have a problem...Just booked 2 weeks in Jamaica a couple weeks ago dong this.

Only way to to IMO. Liberty Travel is the BEST!! Always available, excellent customer service, so much better then Orbitz or any of those people. I can tell you a nightmare about Orbitz!
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 09:01 PM

Thanks for posting the info about Liberty. I'll check it out for our next trip.
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 09:06 AM

Who uses a TA ?
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 10:20 AM

What is wrong with using the same representative at Liberty Travel aka as a TA?

I have used the sale TA for the past 3 years. Always get great service, have the same person to talk to, build a relationship with.

By using Liberty for the past 3 years I received an Ocean View upgrade free for my April vacation. So THAT is why I have built a relationship with the same TA.

Why would you NOT use a TA?