Dream 50th Anniversary

Jun 3rd, 2016, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Dream 50th Anniversary

Never been to the Caribbean...looking for the fairytale vacation for our 50th�� We are prepared to spend +/- $5000 week. We are 70yrs so don't need very active sports but love outdoor activities��������������������������⛳️������. Have no preference for island. Please help��Thanks��
Jun 4th, 2016, 04:33 AM

What time of year and where from?
What are you looking for in a dream vacation apart from the outdoor actvities?
Jun 4th, 2016, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Our anniversary is Sept 30....know that's hurricane season. If we have to, we could go in May but not the same!. We live in California. We love great comfort, service, food, views, etc.
Jun 4th, 2016, 05:51 AM

Does your budget include airfare, food & activities or is it just for your accommodations? The answers to these and the questions posed by Odin could make a big difference on recommendations.
Jun 4th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

Max budget $10k....we don't dream too big!!
Jun 5th, 2016, 01:46 AM

Spice Island Beach in Grenada, the setting is on Grand Anse beach. Grenada has everything (except direct flights probably), beautiful beaches, rainforest interior, friendly people, stunning views.

http://www.spiceislandbeachresort.com/

Antigua has several upscale hotels, the beaches are beautiful, scenery not so lovely as Grenada and other islands but worth looking at Antigua as an option. There are lots of activities including looking around the historical Nelson's Dockyard.

http://www.galleybayresort.com/us/index.htm

St Lucia has amazing scenery in the south of the island, around the Pitons. There are several beautiful hotels in this area. The sand is dark and volcanic except for some hotels who imported white sand. Anse Chastanet has a beautiful setting, might be a little rustic and does not have TV in rooms etc. You can snorkel right off the beach. There is plenty to do and see in St Lucia

http://www.ansechastanet.com/

Barbados has alot of luxury hotels, I like Cobblers Cove, small hotel with great dining, English country garden style

http://www.cobblerscove.com/

There are so many places that could suit you, in the Bahamas, T&C, Riviera Maya, Jamaica, Nevis (Montpellier Plantation for instance).
Jun 5th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all! A friend told us about a Sandals on ST Lucia...La Toc. Has anybody been there. We know the beach is iffy and that's ok. Shuttle to other Sandals I'm told. Scenery and pampering is what we're after.
Jun 6th, 2016, 02:38 AM

Parrot Cay Turks and Caicos, or Grace Bay Club. Amazing restaurants and settings

Viceroy Anguilla (or Cap Jaluca, having a $350 a nightly special and it's amazing!). Again amazing restuarants

Little Dix Bay in Virgin Gorda, gorgeous island and scenery and can hop during the day to St John, another gorgeous island, and Jost Van Dyke

Sandals in Exumas- day trip to many cays (many owned by celebrities), swimming pigs, tame sharks, and the most turquoise water to lay eyes on

Sandy Lane in Barbados

Rustic but pampering all inclusive with views that seem like a mini Bora Bora try Palm Island in Grenadines

I lean towards the most turquoise water as that makes the views unreal
Jun 6th, 2016, 03:09 AM

Little Dix Bay is closed for renovations - not scheduled to reopen until the "end of 2017" - too late for OP's trip this September.
Sep 9th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Chose Le Toc on St Lucia...the private butler got my husband. Also, double budget to $20k. You only live once����
Sep 20th, 2016, 01:52 PM

Bermuda is a lovely island, best weather is May through October if there's no hurricane. It is a beautiful island with charm and elegance and pink houses and pink sand beaches. It is not your typical caribbean destination, but it is really pretty.
Love The Reefs hotel for small, intimate and newly added to property. For large property, the Fairmont Southampton.
Island has excellent dining and if you like golf, golf. There are watersports and british pubs and a cute town of Hamilton. It is only 13 miles long.

I also thought of Little Dix Bay but see it is closed.
Sep 21st, 2016, 06:53 AM

How long is this trip? I'm not sure I'd spend $20,000 on any trip to a Sandals resort. I'd absolutely choose Spice Island, Palm Island (in the Grenadines), the new Four Seasons in Anguilla, or one of the better luxury resorts for that kind of money. In St. Lucia, I'd choose Jade Mountain over Sandals without even batting an eye.
Sep 21st, 2016, 09:02 AM

Thanks @Mary_smith for shilling for this villa rental company consistently with identically worded posts throughout the forums.