Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Dominican Republican has anybody stayed at the Paradisus Palma Real?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am going to the Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana, not to be confused with the Paradisus Punta Cana which are both in the Dominican Republic. I will be going there in a week and I was wondering if anybody has stayed there, and what they thought of it? Is it nice? What are the best places to eat? Any info you can give would be great, thank you!
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:22 AM

Try this website: www.debbiesdominicantravel.com
They have tons of info on all the hotels in the DR.
Debbie
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:53 AM

I haven't stayed at the resort, but the writer who covers the DR for me has and loved it. I can't share her full review with you, but I can tell you that when the next edition of our Caribbean guide comes out in August, Paradisus Palma Real will get our highest recommendation, Fodor's Choice.
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:07 PM

Femme9,

Go to www.tripadvisor.com and type in Paradisus Palma Real in the search box. On the page that comes up, click on the Paradisus Palma Real that shows up in the box that says "results 1 of 1 for Paradisus Palma Real"
What comes up after that, if you scroll down a bit, will be about 500 reviews of the property, starting with people who just returned home in the last day or two.
I love reading these reviews, because you'll get 8 or 9 in a row that call the place "Paradise" or "Heaven on Earth" or "best vacation ever" and gush over how wonerful everything was, and then you'll get one that says it was the worst experience, or it was over-priced, or they couldn't find anything to eat.
We were at Ocean Sands in Punta Cana in February and loved everything about it -- had a wonderful time -- and the reviews for that property showed the same type of sequence I mentioned above.
We liked Punta Cana so much we're going back in November, this time to the Majestic Colonial, the #1 rated (by tripadvisor reviewers) in Punta Cana.
My bet is that you will have an excellent vacation and immediately begin planning when you can go back.
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Original Poster

Everybody,
Thank you very much for the information you provided, I am leaving tomorrow and I feel better knowing more about where I am going! I really do appreciate all your help thanks again, Femme9
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Could you give me some feedback about your stay. We are considering a family vacation in June. Thanks