Reload this Page >

Does Kimberly work for Sandals ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2008, 03:40 PM
WannabeinaMontserrat

Since they are included in every single post, I think so...

Old Apr 14th, 2008, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that you, SAnParis? If so, shame on you--you should know better! No, she's just an enthusiastic supporter of Sandals and has been to all locations, most of them multiple times. She's very knowledgable about the various Sandals--that's why she posts about them.

Kimberly, you know I'm not a Sandals fan, but if you read this, I want you to know that I hope you continue to post about Sandals and give advice to those folks who might enjoy that kind of vacation!
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 08:29 AM

I dunno...what's the frequency Kenneth?
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 09:01 AM

Thank you ejcrowe for your kind words....NO
I do not work for Sandals I only wish !!! I just have alot of experience with there resorts being I have spent 95 nights at the resorts.
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 09:20 AM

WannabeinaMontserrat have I said something to upset you ? I thought this board was to help people on there ?'s about travel destinations & resorts.
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 08:22 PM

Kimberly

In no way is Sandals my type of vacation (horses for courses) but I value the input that you give to people who want to stay there - I understand that some Sandals are better that others and it's nice that you can give that information.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 04:11 AM
KVR

WannabeinaMontserrat, why do you care? Is this another one of your stabs regarding all inclusive hotels?

We've been to 2 Sandals and had different experiences at each one. I like the Sandals concept, but I think their prices are too high for what you get and they are not competative with other AI hotels.

We would consider another Sandals if the price is right. I apprecaite all the info Kimberly provides. If we ever chose another Sandals, she would be the one I would go to for info.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 05:56 AM

Thank you to everyone for your support!
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 08:40 AM
WannabeinaMontserrat

Not at all (& yes SanParis) it is just that I have run across Kimberly alot in the past few days and it is always Sandals, Sandals, Sandals...if she doesn't work there thay should at the very minimum be providing her some comps.

Old Apr 16th, 2008, 01:58 PM

Well, they probably provide her return guest discounts. I would be completely surprised if they didn't! All of the places I've ever returned to (and they're not many, actually) have offered me a returning guest courtesy discount.

Kimberly gives invaluable advice about the Sandals chain. I'm so anti-Sandals that I frequently tout her posts to other Fodorites so they can get a more balanced view instead of my borderline vitriol.

If somebody only read these boards as infrequently as you do, they might think you work for the Montserrat tourist board, for example. But no harm, no foul. We're still a pretty congenial group overall.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 02:08 PM
WannabeinaMontserrat

That's true ! & I'll only post about what I know (which isn't much). Hopefully I can expand my Carib knowledge further in the near future. I'm really keen on Dominica & Saba if I can work it w/our next Montserrat trip.

Old Apr 16th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Im really not looking for anything extra from Sandals by posting good things about the resorts.Im just telling you my opinion and experiences that we have had at there resorts. Sure some stays have been better then others but over all they have all been great...Whats better then sand, sun, blue water and warmth in the middle of winter.I live just outside of Chicago so its cold here in Feb. Happy Travels!!!