charlene

diving packages?

Is there such a thing as an all-inclusive diving resort? In particular, one in
cozumel? Or anywhere in the carribean?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanx

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 10:21 AM
debbie

Yes, try the Club Cozumel Caribe which includes (from what I recall from the brochure) one two-tank dive a day if you upgrade to a junior suite or something like that. My husband got his PADI certification at this resort and thought the dive master was very good. The resort is just okay but it was the on-site dive shop and the really good nightly entertainment that were the high points of this all-inclusive (at least when we were there 5 years ago now).

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 12:42 PM
lori

I beleive the Spanish Bay Reef Resort on Grand Cayman is an all-inclusive, diving resort. Quite reasonably priced too for the Cayman Islands. As I'm sure you are aware the Cayman Islands are one of the top caribbean diving destinations.

Check out www.caymanislands.ky

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 05:25 PM
Michele

There are many in the caribbean. Try Club Med. A few of the resorts even offer advanced cerification classes. Popular dive destinations like the Caymans, the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands have all inclusive package as well. I imagine that the same is true for Bonaire as well. Sandals resorts offer diving too. If you stop by your local travel agency, ask for a brochure on dive destinations. YOu will find many to chose from. Good luck!

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 07:55 AM
scubachick

Check out the message board at www.scubadiving.com. You can search the archives for "dive resorts" and will find a ton of posts from divers who have been to Coz as well as many other Caribbean dive destinations. Some of the people on this board are a little sarcastic, so I would recommend scanning through the archives before posting a message. You might find the answers to your questions are already there.

Old Oct 18th, 1999, 07:54 PM
erich

Hi Charlene,

go to your local dive shop they usually
have some great all inclusive trips.

ER

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 12:06 PM
Cassie

I am getting ready to book Scuba Club Cozumel for me and my mom - have heard lots of good things about the hotel and the diving. It is all-inclusive (they call it the RMD package - Rooms, Meals, Diving) and it appears to be reasonably priced. The accommodations look fairly basic, but hear the dive shop is good and it is close to town. Check out it's website www.scubaclubcozumel.com

Old Oct 23rd, 1999, 11:14 AM
Jim

I have a cruise planned for Christmas. We will be stopping at St Maarten, St Lucia, Barbados, St Kitts, and St Thomas. I wnat to go scuba diving at one of the stops. Any help choosing which one would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Old Oct 26th, 1999, 08:35 AM
tweedy

Charlene, I would suggest looking into Romora Bay Club on Harbour Island, Bahamas. It is a wonderful resort, small villa accomodations, beautifully decorated, and you have an amazing view of the water.

The food is gourmet everynight, and there is a nice gathering area in the early evening with lounge and bar area.

Each villa also has kitchen facilities so you can really make yourself at home.

There is an excellent dive shop and dive master at the resort and some of the best diving spots in the carribean off Harbour Island and Eleuthera, several wrecks and a civil war train, yup I said train, on it's way to Cuba right after the civil war and it sunk on a barge in a bad storm, it makes for an amazing dive site 100 years later.

Hope this helps. If you want to see some pictures and more info and history of Harbour Island you can find it at www.where2stay.com Lots of pictures of resorts all over the Carribean too and winter and summer rates as well.

Have a great trip.

tweedy