Getting Married in St. Thomas

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 01:50 PM
Susie

Getting Married in St. Thomas

My fiance and I are planning to get married in St. Thomas this November. Neither of us have ever been there and we can't seem to get the right information. It's going to be just the two of us and would like to find a very romantic setting. Anyone have any information, experience or ideas?

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 11:51 PM
Mike

If your budget allows, ONLY the Ritz-Carlton will do!!

Old Oct 26th, 1999, 06:04 AM
Karen

Not sure what info you need ... Several of the resorts provide Wedding Packages and there is Weddings, the Island Way @www.st-thomas.com/wed/ The processing fee for a license is $50 at the Territorial Court and after an eight day posting period, the time and date is arranged for you to appear before the clerk to obtain the license. It's an additonal $200 to be married by a judge! Phone number is 340-774-6680, ext. 6607 for questions. (from "What to Do" booklet) As for places ... Beach? Church? View? One of my favorite spots is Turtle Bay House @ Caneel on St. John! One of the prettiest beaches on STT is Sapphire with islands in background ...or a smaller pretty beach @ Secret Harbour (followed by dinner at Blue Moon Cafe ... that's a winner!).

Old Oct 26th, 1999, 09:10 AM
Lisa

I got married and honeymooned this past July at the Wyndam Sugar Bay.This is an all-inclusive resort and our wedding was included in our package for free. The wedding site was a simply decorated gazebo on the terrace overlooking the water and several islands. It was the perfect wedding! My flowers and cake were beautiful. The photos were extra and were taken at the wedding site, inside the lobby and on the beach. They were fabulous.If you stay at this resort get a room 0n floors 1-3 for awesome views.You can also take an easy boat ride and visit St. John if you have enough time.One wedding tip for getting married in the tropics, make sure your hairdo and makeup is heat proof,less is better. I went to the ladies room after the ceremony and cooled off and reapplied lipstick before more photos.Have a great wedding wearever you choose.E-mail me if I can answer any questions.I highly recommend this resort.

Old Oct 26th, 1999, 10:12 AM
Hans

Although we did not get married on St. Thomas,I have to agree with Mike's post--only The Ritz Carlton will do. The hotel is very, very nice and has wonderful gardens, very good food and good service. There are several spots that I think would be perfect for weddings but I am sure they have someone on their staff who could tell you exactly what to do. Best of luck!