Diving on ship wreck off Tortola

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be on Tortola with my family over the Christmas holiday and am looking for a good good scuba experience for myself and my 18 year old daughter.

The last time I was in Tortola (30 years ago) I dove on a ship wreck. I believe it was know as the wreck of the Rohne (sp?). Are guide companies still doing tours to this site? Are there other (better) sites that you would recommend?

Any advice from recent visitors would be apprecieated.

Thanks!
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 01:16 PM

The Rhone is a very popular dive site. You should have no trouble getting one of the Dive companies to take you there. They go all the time.
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 03:36 PM

There are numerous dive companies in Tortola to choose from. I can highly recommend Blue Water Divers in Nanny Cay - they will look after you well. I had a fantastic time with them. If you take a look at their website (www.bluewaterdiversbvi.com) they have details of some of the dive sites in the BVI including The Wreck of the Rhone. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 06:50 PM

JEALOUS!!! That's what I am! Have a ball! There is no where better than the Virgin Islands for diving experiences. There are many reputable operations and tons of excellent dives and even snorkeling experiences. Wherever you are staying, you should contact the local operators and see if you are interested in their offerings. Because it is high season, and weather issues (Winter swells) are involved, it may be wise to plan a bit ahead and make sure you have arrangements.
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 06:51 PM

I had the best time with Randy from Peter Island Resort. They have a branch on Tortola also that will pick you up (the guys all live there). We had a great 2 tank dive to the Rhone. It was fabulous. Randy and his staff are so knowledgeable. This was my favorite dive. Went on a weekday and it was less crowded.

http://www.bviwatersports.com/faq.htm