Deciding between RWI and OCW

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to decide between these two resorts for a family vacation (2 young children). RWI seems to be a little less expensive but the OCW has a deal that includes 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners. I am worried about reports of construction noise there though.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Sorry - resorts in Turks and Caicos
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 08:10 AM

Hello and congratulations on your travel plans. Grace Bay is beautiful.

We stayed at RWI 2 years ago this June and were pleased with most aspects of the resort, but... the pool was a disturbing shade of green our entire visit(6 days), and I have seen a couple of other "green pool" comments online for this resort. Granted, the ocean made for wonderful swimming here, but it would have been nice to be able to use the pool. On our last day, mgmt. called to say that the pool would be available for use that afternoon. No go - it remained a totally unappealing green for the entire day and looked the same as we left for home the next day.

We walked thru OCW and it looked very nice.

Don't know anything about construction at either location.

If we were to return, we would choose OCW over RWI, even if OCW were more expensive.

Good luck!
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 08:30 AM

Dear funtravel:

Iolani here again. Just checked out reveiws on RWI at tripadvisor.com and looks like they must have cleaned up the pool. Looks like there have been a good many recent reviews that are positive.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Ted

The resorts are very comparable. I've stayed at RWI several times and been very pleased. As for the pool incident two years ago, rest assused RWI now has two pools and a jacuzzi, and I haven't seen any negative comments since the one incident mentioned. You really can't go wrong with either resort and I doubt the construction near OCW will bother you too much. You'll love Grace Bay, just choose a spot and don't look back, ENJOY!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:31 AM

This is a tough choice--Just got back from 8 days on Provo Fri. My normal recommendation would be OCW but think that between the two would go with RWI this time. To the west of OCW they are still building Pinnacle and to the east they have started on the new Grace Bay Club Condos. In addition they are going to start tearing down Allegro so there is construction all around OCW. If not RWI I would consider The Sands.