Deadlock for Perfect Honeymoon

Jan 30th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Deadlock for Perfect Honeymoon

We wanted to go to the Caribbean for our honeymoon and are deadlocked between 3 Resorts. The Sans Souci at Ocho Rios, Jamaica, the Occidental Royal Hideaway at Playa del Carmen and the El Dorado Royale at Cancun. I'd like some advice from people that have been to any or all of these to know which will provide us with the best vacation.

Thank you,
Marcus
Jan 30th, 2004, 05:13 PM

I am serious when I say this. Each of those resorts has similar reviews and the bottom line is that you will have a great time at any of them.You go back to the ones you missed on your anniversary. Put the names in a hat and let destiny kick in; put that decision to bed and start obsessing about packing!
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:25 AM

Im headed to Sans souce at the end of the month. I honeymooned at RH (perfect) I would highly recommend the RH
Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:39 PM

Maybe travel time will help you decide? Cancun can usually be reached on a direct flight and Royal Hideaway is an easy trip from the airport, about 40 minutes. Ocho Rios is almost two hours from the Montego Bay airport. Last year we went to the Ritz Jamaica and people at the airport on the way back were complaining about the length of the trip. We love Royal Hideaway, went in 2002.
Feb 3rd, 2004, 04:03 PM

Did you enjoy your stay at the Ritz?
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:32 AM

How ironic - I logged on today to ask almost the same question. My fiance and I are debating b/w:

- Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios Golf and Spa
- Sandals Dunn's River
- Royal Hideaway.

A close friend of mine raves about her incredible trip to RH, but we are wanting something out of MX since we've been several times to Playa del Carmen.

Did you consider Sandals? I am afraid it will be "cheesy", but they look really nice on the web. Any thoughts?

I am also concerned as I read the average age is 40+ at Sans Souci - we are 27 and 31. Have you heard anything like this?

Any thoughts?