Starfish Trelawny For Honeymoon?

May 23rd, 2002, 05:40 PM
clm

Starfish Trelawny For Honeymoon?

We are considering Trelawny for our honeymoon because we like the less-commercial area it is located at. Can anyone share with us your comments in regard to this resort? We don't want to spend the money for a Sandals Resort. Any info will be GREATLY appreciated!!

May 24th, 2002, 03:22 AM
me

It is a newly renovated resort marketed towards families. If you are looking for quiet, privacy and seclusion, I would go elsewhere. I am looking for info. on this place to go to with my kids and can't seem to find anyone on this board who has recently been there.

May 24th, 2002, 09:37 AM
a Professional Agent

clm.
You might want to check out RIU Tropical Bay. They have some great values. They do accept children, but it is not overrun with them. It is a beautiful deluxe property.

I personally love Couples Ocho Rios, Couples Swept Away and Couples Negril. They are ususally lower than Sandals (except for the lowest categories) and are much nicer in my opinion.
The Ritz in Montego Bay also has a great all-inclusive special right now.

May 25th, 2002, 09:24 AM
anon

I stayed in Jamaica last summer at the Ritz Carlton on a special. Had a wonderful time. I don't remember much about the Trelawny. Periodically 5 star Ritz resort offers all-inclusive specials. For specials to Jamaica see www.travelzoo.com (currently a special at the Ritz including air & food) or www.libertytravel.com.

Hope this helps

May 25th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Traveler

Anon, I just booked a trip to the Ritz. How was the food, pool, beach, etc. Could you swim in the pool and jacuzzi at night? Is it really worth staying there?

Thanks

May 25th, 2002, 08:03 PM
anon

The Ritz was 1st class all the way. I would love to return soon!!! We ate lobster for breakfast, lunch & dinner. The service is excellent with delicious food. Be sure to go to the White Witch golf course for breakfast and/or lunch. The food prices are reasonable & the food is delicious there too. The view is spectacular from the White Witch!!! Yes, you can swim in the pool & jacuzzi at night. You can order food & drinks outside next to the pool. Their frozen fruit drinks by the pool taste great. There is a small beach behind the Ritz, but their major beach is a 5 minute ride away. I treated myself to wonderful spa treatments as well. The Ritz offers shuttle service to many places so that you don't have to get a taxi. Check with the front desk for a list of all the great places the Ritz shuttle will take you. Be sure to go to Dunn River Falls in Ochos Rios.

enjoy

May 25th, 2002, 08:48 PM
anon

The Ritz was 1st class all the way. I would love to return soon!!! We ate lobster for breakfast, lunch & dinner. The service is excellent with delicious food. Be sure to go to the White Witch golf course for breakfast and/or lunch. The food prices are reasonable & the food is delicious there too. The view is spectacular from the White Witch!!! Yes, you can swim in the pool & jacuzzi at night. You can order food & drinks outside next to the pool. Their frozen fruit drinks by the pool taste great. There is a small beach behind the Ritz, but their major beach is a 5 minute ride away. I treated myself to wonderful spa treatments as well. The Ritz offers shuttle service to many places so that you don't have to get a taxi. Check with the front desk for a list of all the great places the Ritz shuttle will take you. Be sure to go to Dunn River Falls in Ochos Rios.

enjoy

Sep 18th, 2002, 11:33 AM
cher

where did you book this "great deal" for the ritz and can you tell me how much it was? thanks!

Sep 20th, 2002, 10:48 AM
nita

My husband and I went to the Trelawny in March of 1999. For a honeymoon, I'd do a different resort. It was just "ok." Food wasn't too good; drinks, however, were very strong. OK beach, in my opinion. We went because the price was right. Remember, you get what you pay for! If I may, I'd recommend an all-inclusive at a place like a Wyndham Resort. Good luck!