Original Poster

Day trip to Grenadines

We are looking for contacts for
day trips to Grenadines from
Soufriere area.
Has anyone info on the charter
company or airline?
Sep 10th, 2005, 03:45 PM

Try svgair. Not sure what you mean from Soufriere area. Where are you staying? Only airport I'm aware of on St.Vincent is E.T. Joshua in Arnos Vale. If you provide a few more details I'd be glad to help.
Sep 10th, 2005, 04:14 PM

Vinceygirl,

I think the OP is staying on St. Lucia.

At least that's the only Soufriere I'm familiar with.

I'm geographically challenged, but I'm sure you will be able to help.

Marion
Sep 10th, 2005, 05:18 PM

We were in St Lucia in November of '04 and did the Grenadines trip. It was fantastic! Highly recommend it. We flew on SVG air. The flight is from George Charles Airport (SLU) in Castries, so you would have to travel there. To the best of my knowledge, it is not offered from Hewanorrah Airport in the south.

Only glitch is that another poster had been looking into it for a November vacation and the flights were not available due to lack of planes.

This trip is available from sunlinktours.com. Their website is still advertising it, so it may be available.

That said, their website offers an Alternative Grenadines and a Grenadines trip. The Alternative Grenadines was not available and it is also $100 more pp. I honestly can't say that I think the more expensive trip would really be worth it. The whole area is beautiful and our catamaran was not overly crowded and they served a nice lunch and drinks all day. Caution, the rum punches are very potent! The size of my head the next day was proof. amp;
Sep 10th, 2005, 05:25 PM

Brenda,

Would that be 150 or 160 proof ;-) !

I keep reading about these various rums, but don't understand the how you know what you're drinking ?

The last trouble I got into was at a fraternity party (back in the 60's) when I learned *the morning after* that grain alcohol had been added to that ever so delicious *fruit* punch.

Marion

Sep 10th, 2005, 05:45 PM

At least 160! I don't know if this is true or not, but I have heard stories that the rum is cheaper than the mixers in the islands. We thought the rum punches would be weak. Not! Didn't help that we met a great couple from Britian on their honeymoon that we sort of bonded with. We had to buy them, hiccup, drinks at the cute little beach bar on Palm Island to celebrate their marriage. They had gotten married in St Lucia, second marriage for both.

Marion, drop me an e-mail sometime so we can chat off the forum. [email protected]
Sep 10th, 2005, 06:16 PM

Hi Marion, Soufriere is the name of St.Vincent's volcano. I've traveled the island quite extensively and didn't know of any resorts or hotels in the area. In fact I saw nothing residential in the area of Soufriere. Often times persons staying on St.V proper will refer to day trips to the Grenadines, hence St.Vincent and the Grenadines. I never gave St.Lucia a thought, never was on the island longer than making a flight connection.Now that I've made everything clear as mud......
SVGAir would be a good resource. Even if they don't fly to St.Lucia I'm sure they would provide you with some info. I corresponded with them regarding my flight plans earlier this yr. The company responded in a timely manner and explained their services quite clearly.
Sandy
Sep 10th, 2005, 06:21 PM

Marion I too had an altercation with grain alcohol and Hawaiian Punch. My friends called it Kickapoo Juice and boy did it kick me right in the you know what. My encounter was in the early 70's and haven't been back since.
Sandy
Sep 10th, 2005, 06:31 PM

Vinceygirl,
Thanks for the smile. At least I *fessed* up to being geographically challenged. I've learned so much here...but much more to learn. I think volcano study is in order

Maybe we'll have to rely on the OP coming back to give us more information ;-)

Kickapoo Juice sounds like something to avoid.

But I am looking forward to a Killer Bee on Nevis.

Do you think I could examine the *proof* on the bottles before enjoying one ?

Marion

Marion
Sep 10th, 2005, 07:01 PM
KVR

I'm the other poster who had a trip planned for November. We definatly wanted to do the Grenadines trip. I looked into it and was informed all planes were under maintance and the tour would not be available. However, since that time, we have rescheduled the trip for Nov. '06 due to DH's recent health problems. So, haven't gotten an update on the status of the planes.

E-mail Sunlink Tours and check with them.
Sep 11th, 2005, 09:32 AM

Hey Marion the heck with proof you'll get "proof" of the proof once you have a few under your belt!!!!!
Sandy
Sep 11th, 2005, 10:18 AM

Sandy,

And it's that *after* the fact that still scares me ;-)

At the aforementioned frat party, sooooooo many years ago, I was functioning enough to realize that I should find my car and sleep it off. I had no intention of driving, just wanted a refuge from others also a bit out of control.

Imagine my surprise, the next morning, to be awakened by angry young men, demanding that I leave THEIR car ;-)

It was the same color as mine, so I guess grain alcohol does not render one color blind...just mightily confused, and somewhat cautious in the future !

Marion
Sep 11th, 2005, 11:56 AM

Marion, my encounter caused quite a stir as well. Was dating a boy whose father was a buddy of my father's. He took me to his house to sleep for a few hrs( he didn't want to face my father's wrath while I was in the acute phase)we walked in the door and guess who was sitting at the kitchen table. If you said my Dad you guessed right, as well as my mother and aunt. My Dad laughed(1st time he saw me over indulge) but Mum should of been more prepared for her. Needless to say my date hi tailed it back to the party since I now was in good hands. The next few days were pretty quiet around our house and my date kept a low profile for about a week or so.
Sep 15th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Original Poster

We are actually flying from Union Island
to St. Lucia. We will be staying in the Grenadines
for a week and have had trouble finding a
flight at a decent rate into UVF. We will try
Castries. Our goal is to get from Union Island to
St. Lucia for less than $300pp. Is it possible?
Sep 15th, 2005, 05:08 AM

Have you thought about taking the ferry to another island and then a connecting flight? I don't know if this would work or not but might be worth checking out. AA flew from Canuoan last yr. Don't know if it has continued this yr. Some passengers I traveled with on Yankee Clipper mistakenly thought they were flying into St.Vincent when they booked their flights. Really caused some travel headaches for them as they had to get to St.Vincent proper to board the ship and then get back to Canuoan for the return flight. They ended up leaving the ship a day early and taking the ferry to Canuoan.
In your case if connection still exists might work out.
Sep 15th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Yes - we are open to going from any island
in the Grenadines. Do you know the airline
for Canouan to St. Lucia?
Sep 15th, 2005, 04:27 PM

Check with American Airlines to see if they still have a flight out of Canouan. Your other option is to get to St.Vincent mainland and connect to St.Lucia via Caribbean Star or Liat. I've been inc ontact with SVGAir but way over my budget so I'll have to make connections to Grenada via Caribbean Star or Liat. Probably Liat will be my choice as there are more flight options.
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:33 AM

There is a shore excursion offered on Royal Caribbean's AOS called Flightseeing Grenadines that is supposed to fly over all the islands. I myself have wanted feedback on this & have posted the question under both cruises & St Vincent & Grenadines forums. It would be good if you really get a decent look at the islands & have limited time. Any feedback appreciated.