Darn it I lost Aruba again!

Dec 9th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Darn it I lost Aruba again!

Where is the Aruba forum again??? I keep forgetting and with all my tips and help I am just a little scattered for the moment. **smooch**
Dec 9th, 2004, 09:20 AM

Muffin, you're back! I've missed your posts. The Aruba forum, chock full of friendly lizards, is kitty corner over yonder way. Tap your heels 3 times and say, there's no place like Eagle Beach.
Dec 10th, 2004, 12:52 PM

aruba-bb.com
Dec 10th, 2004, 03:34 PM

Is it just me or what is the draw with Aruba? I've been there a few times, admittely just passing through, but its just horrible at least to me...very touristy. I like the hotels although you look at the beach and its one activity after another and extremely windy!
Dec 13th, 2004, 07:24 AM

Its me, too.I find Aruba to be very very average....not a lot of local flavor,although some great dining options.The sea is just ok, the snorkeling below average, and the choice of resorts subpar.Didnt impress me much at all....when you factor in location, expense, and ocean/beach/snorkeling..I had MUCH rather be in Mexico.
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:00 PM

Capri,
I'll give Aruba that, the food is excellent...at least the places we ate. But the island is flat, dry and windy...the west coast is basically a line of strip malls and American chain food places then you get to the bulk of hotels that are placed on a beach thats so touristy with planted tiki huts or other and the sea is filled with so many activities one interferes with another. It is so windy there the sea even on the west side is not clear, snorkeling is not good.