Curious for any pros &cons of Curacao

Dec 27th, 2002, 07:08 PM
janey

Curious for any pros &cons of Curacao

We will be visiting with 3 children from ages 7-16 in march for 6 days.Would love any comments from those who have vacationed here before..
Thanks

Dec 29th, 2002, 07:41 AM
xx

also curious!!

Dec 29th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Ralph

Curacao was a wonderful experience for us. Good weather, lots of history, very hospitable people. We loved Fort Naussau for the view, but not the food. Christoffel National Park is on 4500 acres. Very nice for mountain biking. The Seaquarium offers you the opportunity to hand-feed the Nurse sharks. Lots of big turtles and a semi-submerged sub. You can scuba dive there if you choose. Probably the only downside is the maps are poor if you are renting a car. So, make sure you sit down and study them the day before when you are deciding what you want to see.

Dec 29th, 2002, 12:43 PM
islander

There shouldn't be a problem at all with the weather in Antigua in Nov/Dec. It is one of the islands that gets very little rain.

We were married at Sandals Antigua and it was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better weddingmoon. I am not one of those "Sandals Lovers" but this resort really has a great laid back and romantic charm to it. It has incredible landscaping, an amazing beach...and it's so peaceful and relaxing you can hear yourself breathe!! We have never enjoyed ourselves (or each other) more than on this vacation. There is plenty to do as far as land/water sports and at night they have entertainment (usually a steel drum band). They also have a beach party once a week. But what is so great is you can join in or do nothing at all! And the resort is like having your own Caribbean village to hang out in. We loved it!

And as far as the wedding, it couldn't have been more perfect. We had no stress what-so-ever. They took care of everything and it was SO beautiful. I can't really put the experience or the place into words to describe it well enough! We truly enjoyed it!

Congrats and enjoy where ever you choose to go! And if you have any other questions, or would like me to e-mail you pics, just let me know!

Dec 30th, 2002, 07:52 AM
enough already

Okay Islander we all know you had a wonderful time on your "weddingmoon" but this person asked nothing about Antigua,not even remotly about it,they asked about Curacao.I think it's time you started sticking to the subject when people ask a question about a particular island.If someone asks a general question about which island to go to or about Antigua,I guess we'll have to read about your trip for the millionth time but at least it will be relevant.

Dec 30th, 2002, 08:06 AM
sally

WE were in Curacao in September and we thought it was very nice.One reason was because of where we stayed,it was the Marriott,which from everything I read before we went,is the best place to be.We rented a jeep and like the other poster,we thought the maps were bad too,so are many of the road signs.But the jeep was nice to have for siteseeing at our own pleasure.I hope you won't be too turned off by all the litter,it's a very breezy place so everything gets blown around if it's not nailed down.Curacao has many great beaches,a couple that are good for families are Daai Booi Bay and Santa Barbara

Dec 30th, 2002, 08:30 AM
xxx

This Antigua girl is becoming extremely obnoxious, not mention rude, posting about her weddingmoon no matter what anyone asks. I think a formal complaint to fodors is in line here. The integrity of Fodors is being questioned here. Soemone asks about Curaco and it is her wedding moon again. She is a total waste of peoples time in there effort to find useful info on this site.

Dec 30th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Paul

The Antigua girl's post is bogus, take a close look at what is said and how it's worded - it's a crass advertisement from some equally crass individual.

Dec 30th, 2002, 04:48 PM
janey

Thanks for the replys everyone. I wonder what "Islander" is thinking w/ all her strange replys all over the board.
A bit obnoxious.......

Dec 30th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Anon

Yes I also remarked on Islander's response to a previous post - the question was about Grenada and then she goes on about the 'weddingmoon' in Antigua! The exact same post as the one here and on at least five other threads. Fodor should really try to delete such spam, if possible.