Reload this Page >

Lodging other than Pink Sands on Habour Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 04:53 PM
Mary

My husband, myself and 2 children would love to go to Habour Island in the Bahamas for 5 days in early November. I would love to stay at Pink Sands. Have called them several times but I just don't want to spend over $1000.00 a night in Low season. Does any one have any recommendations for a property similar to PS. We want something upscale, rooms on the beach and it must have a pool. Thanks for your help.

Old May 1st, 2002, 10:01 PM
tweedy

Mary,<BR><BR>There are not alot of pools on island so your choices for upscale and on the beach would be Coral Sands and Romora Bay (which is actually on the bay, but very close to the beach)<BR><BR>Romora and Runaway Hill have the best food on island. <BR><BR>Another option might be Dunsmore Beach Club very upscale but not sure if they have a pool. Accomodations are also villas overlooking the beach and excellent restaurant there as well.<BR><BR>November is not low season. The season starts in the Bahamas the begining of November. That's probably why you are getting the higher costs.<BR><BR>Try the Harbour Island website www.briland.com for more info or try www.where2stay.com for info, pictures and rates of most of the hotels on the island.<BR><BR>Hope this helps and hope to run into you on the island, if so the Kalik is on us, lol.<BR><BR>Take care.<BR><BR>tweedy

Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:27 PM
Mary

Hi Tweedy:<BR>Thanks for your reply. I checked into Coral Sands and I can stay there for 4 nights for the same price as 1 night at PS. They are running a special in November: 4 nights for the price of 3. Have you ever stayed at Coral Sands? How nice is it and how does it compare to PS. Right now I am holding air into ELH. I could also fly into NAS and take the ferry. What do you rec to get us there the fastest and easiest? We are coming from Chicago and making multiple connections because we are using our Continental miles--which are pretty worthless here in the midwest.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:33 PM
NM

We stayed at Coral Sands 3 yrs. ago in the summer. We were somewhat disappointed. We had a two room suite and it was really quite plain, the food unremarkable. The beach that all these resorts sit on is very nice. Pink Sands is in a completely different league--can't really compare--very luxurious in comparison. We did, however,go there for dinner and thought it was overpriced for what we got. My sense of Harbour is that there are not a lot of really great accommodation choices. Perhaps renting a house is a better option. Good luck!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:57 PM
tweedy

Mary,<BR><BR>I have never stayed at Coral Sands, I always stay at Runaway Hill, but I know Coral Sands quite well, as it was owned by a good friend.<BR><BR>The resort was sold a couple of years ago and all the rooms have been rennovated since then and a new addition built.<BR><BR>Pink Sands is definately a step up from Coral Sands, but really how much time do you spend in the room anyway? There is a new chef there and I have been told by several people that the food is excellent.<BR><BR>I highly recommend the food at Runaway and Romora Bay, and cheap and good is Angela's for Bahamian food. Also Ma Ruby's for a GREAT hamburger.<BR><BR>There are several nice places to stay on island, Dunsmore Beach, Runaway Hill, Romora Bay, The Landing, Valentine's to name a few more.<BR><BR>Getting there from Chicago is going to be a bit of a trek. I would fly out as early as possible and take the late Bahamas Air 4:30 flight into N. Eleuthera and on the way back you can take the Fast Ferry. Another option would be to get to Nassau and stay overnight and take the early ferry the next morning, and as you know Continental also has a flight from Florida directly into N. Eleuthera which is about 45 minutes. The flight is beautiful and as you land at ELH, you can actually see fish swimming in the crystal clear water.<BR><BR>Again, more than happy to help and if you have any other questions, post here or my eamil at [email protected]<BR><BR>tweedy