Search

Culebra

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Culebra

Has anybody travelled from NYC (JFK) to Culebra? I understand you need to fly to San Juan and then take a flight (or ferry, which I don't want to do). Which of the local airlines did you use to get from San Juan to Culebra? Any recommendations of where to stay on Culebra, where to eat, snorkeling, etc.?
Thanks.
Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 11:03 AM

For answers to all your questions about flying from SJU to Culebra go to these websites:

http://www.tamarindoestates.com/culebra_air_ferry.html

http://www.islaculebra.com/puerto-ri...o-culebra.html

http://culebrablog.com/2009/11/21/cu...ine-transport/
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

we've gone to vieques numberous times and flew there on cape air but they don't fly to culebra. i notice there are a few companies that do so i wanted someone's recommendation. also, any suggestions of where to stay, eat, fish, snorkel?
thanks
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

would someone who's taken the flight from san juan to culebra during the winter tell me which small airline they prefer?
i'd rather not have to travel from SJU so how is the one that leaves from SJU?
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 10:57 AM

Been a couple of years but we flew from SJ to Culebra on Flamenco Air (out of the smaller Isla Grande airport- a short cab ride from SJU but I can't remember how many minutes, etc). Flamenco was fine- short flight, no problems. It was February of 2008.
What kind of place are you looking for and for how many for accommodations? I think you would probably find ideas on the Isla Culebra forums- we had good snorkeling on a boat trip with Taz Hamrick, one with Culebra divers, and off the beach at Melones- forget the name of other places. We loved the beach at Zoni for a beautiful, peaceful place.
Have fun!
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 01:11 PM

I believe Vieques Air Link (VAL) flies from San Juan to Culebra. This airline and Cape Air was recommended to me as having more regular flights -- not "on demand." To Vieques (not sure about Culebra) Cape Air flies from San Juan International. I got cheaper rates calling than on-line. But I went with VAL from Isla Grande, the smaller airport in San Juan because it was half the price.