Search

Cozumel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cozumel

My wife and I are going to Cozumel over Easter. It has been recommended that unless we can get a direct flight to Cozumel, we fly into Cancun, take bus to Playa, then ferry over to Cozumel. Any other suggestions.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 08:32 AM

It's MUCH easier, and the cost ends up being about the same unless you take the bus, to fly RT from CUN to CZM.

It runs between $80 and $100 RT.

We've done both many times, and prefer the flight unless we are in the mood for the other trip (or staying in PDC).

You can be in CZM by noon if you fly (depending on where you originate) but going via PDC will take you all day.
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

I understand that the flights from Cancun to Cozumel 0nly fly if it is full. That is why I was wondering about taking the Ferry across.

Old Aug 12th, 2004, 05:36 AM

We did a day trip to Cozumel while vacationing in Cancun. We took a taxi to Playa (bunch of us so we split the fare) and then the ferry to Cozumel. I have to say it was the worst part of the trip. All six of us were seasick. The water was just so choppy. The trip back was not much better. Wanted to warn you just in case you go the ferry route.
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 06:42 AM

No, that's not true about the flights.

We've been many times, and they may cancel a flight and put you on the next plane (in about an hour), but they do fly all day long.

We've only had to go on the next plane once in many (20+) times of flying CUN to CZM. This was always around Easter also, because that is when we go.

As mnag said, the water can be VERY rough for that crossing as well. One time, it was so rough that we had to wait for the ferry to be on a down wave and JUMP on to be able to reach it from the dock, but you couldn't wait until it went down too far or you would whack your head on the entryway - or worse. What an experience.

I always recommend newbies fly over.