Reload this Page >

Couples Swept Away for a wedding?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Karolina

Hi --<BR><BR>We're considering doing the destination wedding thing and from the reseach I've done so far, Swept Away seems like a good choice. I do have a few questions, though:<BR><BR>* Has anyone been to or seen a ceremony there? Were there a lot of gawkers? <BR><BR>* If you brought friends and family with you, how was the group treated overall?<BR><BR>* Did you book directly through Swept Away or use a travel agent?<BR><BR>* How much did you pay per night per couple? In what season? Was there a promotion, and if so, how did you find out about it? Can you haggle?<BR><BR>* What was your overall impression of the resort? How did it compare to other resorts you've been to in the Caribbean?<BR><BR>Thank you so much in advance for an assistance you may provide.<BR><BR>Karolina

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Mary

Karolina: Check out this website for lots of reviews on Swept Away. I've heard it's wonderful myself. Hope it answers some if not all of your questions.<BR><BR>http://jamaica.wheretostay.com/prope...9-reviews.html

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Karolina

Hi again, Mary! I was actually reading the reviews on that page today, and was thrilled that the vast majority of them were so positive. If we decide that the destination wedding is the way that we want to go, it seems like Swept Away would be a pretty good bet.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:57 AM
Mary

Hi Karolina: I hope the cost factor for Swept Away doesn't prohibit your friends and family from going. It really was great having them there with us on our big day. Everyone had a blast the entire week. I'm not trying to persuade you one way or the other, this is a big decision. But I know cost was a factor for you, as it was for me, and I know Swept Away isn't one of your less expensive resorts, not to say it's not worth it. Best of luck with whatever your decide. Please let us know!!

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Rosie

Hi Karolina - I replied to your other post, but might as well reply again...just in case. My husband and I were married at Couples Swept Away this past August. It was beautiful and very romantic! We went by ourselves and were married on the beach. The other guests were able to watch our wedding, but by no means would I consider them gawkers. They watched from their beach chairs and clapped and offered their well wishes when the ceremony was over. The friendly staff was quite accommodating and helpful in all aspects. We also purchased a photo package (something we were hesitant to do). We were extremely pleased! Our pictures are gorgeous. For three nights, we paid about $1600, airfare included. It was totally worth it. Both my husband and I were married before and both had "big" weddings. Doing it this way was so much more special and romantic. We highly suggest it! Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will be happy. Just remember the real reason why you are there....you can't go wrong!