Comfort Suites-Turks & Caicos

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Howard

Comfort Suites-Turks & Caicos

HAS anyone stayed at this property? Any comments good and bad would be appreciated.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 08:16 AM
BB

I would be interested in comments, too. I'm trying to find an affordable, but clean/safe/fun family vacation. I noticed that the Comfort Suites in T&C was a good deal cheaper than the one on Paradise Islnd and Grand Cayman. We're a family of five (kids are ages 10, 14, and 16). Thanks!

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Tammy

We were there in January. It is nice, clean, situated next to 3 very good restaurants(Calico Jacks was very good)and right next to Dive Provo. Did not mind the 2 min walk to the beach (beautiful and no problem getting lounge chairs). Staff was very nice and they kept the place clean. I researched all the places in this area and never found a bad post on this. I did find pros/cons with the Allegro and Beaches however. We got a great deal at this nice, quiet, clean place. And could spend money on eating good food, not all-inclusive buffets. Personally, I recommend this place and next time we go back, will stay here again.

Oh, as for Sharkbite restaurant, we were VERY disappointed. It ended up being more expensive then we thought (they tack on a ridiculous tax, something like 10-25% extra, I forget.. other restaurants did not do this!) and my fish was a bit overcooked and "fishy". Don't waste your money.

Good luck! Oh, if you go to their web site, they offer beverage credit and 7th night free deals..

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Dave

I wife and I spent 2 weeks at Comfort Suties in Feb/March 02. Wonderful place. The staff are quite helpful. The room with the balconey is large. The staff keep your room really clean. While there is no restaurant on site there are 3 of them next door at the Port of Call. Calicos Jacks is great. The Barefoot Cafe has a wonderful breakfast and good lunch menu. Can't comment of dinner as I never tried the dinner menu. Lattitudes is also very good. Be sure to go on Thursday...rib night. Don't hesitate to go to Comfort Suites. You will enjoy it.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 01:35 PM
mary

Tammy:
Read your post about the HUGE tax added to your resturant bills. They all do that in Provo. What that is is the 10% tax and a 15% tip added to your bill. I hope you did not leave any additional tip for your server because they included it already. They are very sneaky about this. A lot of places will put the whole 25% on the tax line and leave the tip line empty. This makes you think you still need to tip. We brought this to the attention to the many places we dines at when we were there last month. Of course then they explain that part of it is the tip. So, BEWARE when eating out in PROVO.