Reload this Page >

Cocolapalm experts...please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2005, 08:53 AM
owa

Hi, I can have rooms 3ll,3l3, and 330 at Cocolapalm resort for our family of 10. They are two superior and one deluxe. Can anyone tell me if these rooms are too close to the bar or the pool. We are not the party kind as we like to get up early and walk the beach (is it safe?). They do not face the ocean. I couldn't believe the suites were all taken. There wasn't much left to choose from. I tried other resorts , but they were completely booked. I obviously waited too long. Airfares from Minneapolis are very high--I finally booked a charter leaving 25 December. Thanks , Owa

Old Jun 18th, 2005, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owa: I'll try an answer your question. The rooms you have available to you are located on the nicer side of the resort. These rooms are most likely on the ground floor and in the buildings that surround the large pool and courtyard. You really can't go wrong on this side of the resort and I believe you will be satisfied. The staff there are amongst the nicest we have ever encountered. The grounds are immaculately manicured and the resort is very well mangaged. There are only a few rooms with "ocean views". You'll understand once you get there that it really doesn't matter. The beach area is large and has an ample supply of beach chairs. There is adequate shade, as well, for those who prefer the indirect tanning method. Book the rooms while you can....they won't be available for long. The beach is very safe....with the mornings being absolutely gorgeous! My mother and father in law, in their 60's, walked the beach every morning last year. It was a highlight of their trip watching Negril wake up. Enjoy your trip!
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 06:44 AM

hi. We stayed in room 311 when we were there, you have nothing to worry about as far as noise. That room is very nice and private.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 12:18 PM
owa

I really appreciate both of your replies. I did book the rooms as I was finding out that other places were already booked for Christmas week. The big all inclusives package deals were going to cost me $22,000 from Minneapolis, and I thought that was insane. Plus, I think it is more fun to try a variety of places to eat. Especially since we love beans and rice. I sent my 16 year old granddaughter the URL for CocoLaPalms and she was thrilled. Plus, I havn't really read a bad review. Thanks again, Owa

Old Jun 26th, 2005, 09:03 AM

I took my teenager to CCLP two years ago and she stills talks about it. We just returned from St. Martin and while she loved that too, she still puts Jamaica at the top of her list. Take some cheap blow up floats that you can just leave there - not enough provided by the hotel when we were there. The beach staff with blow them up for you. The staff is great and the beach bar is great for drinks and lunch. The restaurant is mediocre - many better places along the beach. My daughter loves snapper so she had it at 5 different places. She liked Irie at Rondel and the Boatbar. Her favorite meal was at the Italian restaurant at Mariposa - wonderful pasta with toes in the sand. Our most disappointing meal was at Charela and I thought Kuyaba was overprices and Americanized. She also loved the fruit and the homemade cookies and banana bread from the fruit stands nearby. That was our lunch several days. She is still a Ting fan and was thrilled that they had it in St. Martin.
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 02:48 AM
owa

Cartera, Thanks for all the great tips. From everything I've read about CocoLaPalm, we should have a great time. The grandchildren like all inclusive, but it looks like we won't have any trouble finding good places to eat, and we don't have a problem eating from food stands. Thanks again, Owa

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 06:14 AM

They'll run a tab at the beach bar so you don't have to have cash with you - just settle up at the end of the day. I forgot to do that one day and nothing was said - I just paid at the end of the next day. Once they know who you are - which for us was after the first order - the kids can just go up and order what they want. My daughter loved the fries, the tuna sandwich and the jerk chicken there. I perfer the jerk spicier but they give you plenty and it is good quality. The dirty banana was one of the best on the beach.