Clearest water and All Inclusive

Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 04:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clearest water and All Inclusive

I'd like to go to the Caribbean and want to know what you think the prettiest beach is. I'd like white sand and clear or really blue water. I'd also like to stay in an all-inclusive that is relatively nice. Any suggestions appreciated.
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

I'd like to keep it under 1K per person as well
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 08:46 PM

under 1K is not much, so you'll have to settle for clearest water I can get under 1K

Playa Del Carmen or Tulum Mexico. Maybe DR (Punta Cana)

Now if bigger bugget, (much bigger) You can get the most gorgeous consistent water at:

Anguilla
Turks and Caicos
St. John VI
Caymans

But none of those are really know AI destinations
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 04:06 AM

Considering the budget I would choose Playa del Carmen area. Many nice A/I and the water is as nice as you will find anywhere else. Are you a family? I ask we stayed one year in T&C at a Beaches Resort. We did if for $1K per person including air from JFK. Many years ago and it is right after New Years. I doubt that can happen today, and Beaches is for families. It was a great beach.

I would scratch Punta Cana. Not one of my favorites places. Given a choice on budget Mexico.
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 06:26 AM
KVR

For AI and that budget, Mexico will be your best bet. The Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and Akumel areas.
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 08:22 AM

I'd say your ONLY shot with that budget is going to be Mexico or DR. Plenty of AIs in Mexico can be done for under a grand.
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 08:27 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
On that budget, you need to go to Mexico.
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. It is only my husband and myself. I wasn't looking to take a trip anywhere but noticed get-aways on Groupon. That piqued my interest so started looking around. There were good deals in pretty places for about $900pp but it was always 5 or 6 nights flying from hotels nowhere close to me.

Yes, I loved Turks and Caicos, and VI and especially Anguilla. But of course they are triple my budget.
We've never been out of the continental US unless you include a cruise to Bahamas. Hated the naussau area but I've seen reviews of the islands around it like Exuma and Eleuthera. They looked pretty.

And you all are right in suggesting Mexico. it kept appearing within all of my searches. My dilemma is finding a place in DR or Mexico that is 1/2 as nice as the professional pictures they post. especially the water/beach. Sandals in Naussau was NOTHING like they picture in the brochure or commercials.

La Romana in DR has an AI Wyndham Palace that looks pretty. And I wrote down Playa Del Carmen in Mexico also. And Iberostar AI in DR and Mexico. Geez, I wrote a bunch of names down but why does everything have Playa and Punta in the name? Not only that, the hotels have Playa and Punta. I get confused what island I'm looking at.

Last thing, the water in Egypt and Australia is AMAZING! Thanks for your help!!
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 09:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
<why does everything have Playa and Punta>

Because "Playa" means beach & "Punta" means tip (like tip of a peninsula) in Spanish
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

That makes sense
They need to vary between places though. Like el océano (ocean) or aqua
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 03:35 PM
P_M

DH and I really love Cozumel. It's affordable, it has clear water and some of the best snorkeling in the world.
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 04:49 PM

I would do one of the AIs in Negril. We love Couples Swept away
Old Mar 5th, 2015, 06:43 AM
KVR

I love Cozumel, but the beaches there are not that great, which makes it ideal for great snorkeling.

I prefer Mexico over Jamaica. The AI resorts in Mexico are more lux for a better price than AI resorts in Jamaica. Not sure you can get a Couples resort for your budget.

I agree with the OP regarding Sandals. We've been to the Sandals Royal Bahamian in Nassau and the Sandals Grande in St. Lucia. They are highly overrated and the commercials/pictures are indeed not accurate.
Old Mar 7th, 2015, 05:01 AM

Where is OP flying from and what is the timeframe? Both will make a huge difference in price.