Cinnamon Bay restaurant?

Jan 16th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Cinnamon Bay restaurant?

We'll be camping at Cinnamon Bay in March and I was wondering about the restautant there. Judging from the menu online it looks terrible...is that pretty much the case?

We were also wondering if there are coolers or fridges available for campers' use at Cinn. Bay?

Thanks!
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:40 AM

Can't answer about the fridge situation, but we did eat at the restaurant. It is sort of a self serve type of place, go up and place your order, get your food and go sit down.
That was lunch, don't know if they do anything differently at dinner. We had burgers and fries and they were good.
if you do not rent a car, there are taxis in and out of there all the time to take you to town.
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:51 AM

I would not say the food is terrible its certinally not the best, it is a campground however, so keep that in mind. Its fine though, nothing special, but edible. IMO Maho has much better food.
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM

well---mim04 is wrong.

The food is good and plentiful. Big, full breakfast cost us about $8 each.

Its a campground with great local food.

Jan 16th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the replies, it seems very reasonable for breakfast, I guess I am wondering more about dinner. Aside from the food being "good" (which I have to say isn't glowing) is it a place a couple would want to eat on a vacation, or should we plan on taking a cab out to Cruz Bay every night?
Jan 19th, 2007, 04:21 PM

The main restaurant The Tree Lizard Restaurant at Cinnamon is really great....variety of food and local dishes...check out Callaloo soup and funghi...

no need to taxi out....i suspect you want peace and quiet so stay at Cinnamon and eat there...

You can get deliveries by Ronnies Pizza if you want!
Jan 19th, 2007, 04:33 PM

Um I never said the food was bad. First of all.

Plus MARBLEHEADGUY - why is it that if anyone does not agree with you 100% or share your opinion 100% then they are wrong, automatically.

Like the post about St John water- one of the posters here contracted giardia when she was there. Just because no one you know has had it does not mean it has NEVER happened.

I think you only post anything in order to disagree with others. Thats really productive.
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the delivery idea marbleheadguy!