Search

Christmas destination

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas destination

As of today most everything is sold out....need help finding something for Christmas 4 days....from Boston....did st thomas last year...marriot...any suggestions please...
Old Apr 28th, 2015, 05:00 PM

San Juan.
Old Apr 29th, 2015, 02:24 AM

Even if they're not sold out, christmas in Caribbean always has a 7-14 night minimum.

Possible it's why it shows sold out too

(although some destinations are sold out anyway and have been for months)

So search for a week, and if you really truly want to go, pay for a week even if staying 4 days.

Quick getaways are almost impossible that week, and costly
Old Apr 29th, 2015, 07:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We did San Juan for New Years. Stayed at the Marriott. We did do a week, but I found Puerto Rico to have the cheapest airfares that time of year and booked about this time of year for the following holiday season. I would look into PR. I think we paid about 500 per ticket round trip and that was coming from Richmond VA thru Charlotte into PR. Every other island was over 1000 per person.
Old Apr 29th, 2015, 07:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Oh and we really liked the Marriott. It is a great area of the Condado and you can walk to restaurants. Complex was a decent size. Weather was great, ocean was warm enough for swimming.
We went to the Marriott in Ft Lauderdale one year and although the outside temps were warm, the water was too cold to get in. I guess PR is just far enough south, that the water temps stay warm.
Old May 5th, 2015, 08:44 AM

If you're specifically looking for a Marriot there are locations in St Kitts and Barbados that may be worth checking out.

St Kitts usually has their Carnival in December if you're looking to have a good time even though it's the holiday season. For an affordable stay with good accommodations I'd recommend Seaview Inn in St Kitts. It's right in town and near to most of the action. Otherwise Ocean Terrace Inn, Royal St Kitts and Sugar Cane Club are good options.