Children at Little Dix Bay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning a 10th anniversary trip for early November and, although I love kids, I don't want a bunch of them running around the beach during our trip. I've seen several references to Little Dix Bay being a child-friendly resort. Does anyone know whether I should expect there to be a lot of kids at the resort during early November?
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 11:20 AM

We've been twice. Once in November and this past May. We have never noticed kids in any quantities. My guess is that it's school time in most countries. Also the place is big enough that you'll almost always find a secluded piece of beach, even from adults.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 03:46 AM

We were there a couple of years ago and there were quite a number of children. We went in May during school time but I think people either take their kids out of school or some of the children were pre-school age. It did annoy us especially at dinner. They are defintely catering to children more (which is good or bad depending on why you are there). We are going on a 15th anniversary trip in 2005 and although we have great kids at home, my wife and I are planning an "adult vacation" and would not consider Little Dix again (this being one of a number of reasons).
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 08:44 AM
Carib_Ian

Hi bosco. I wouldn't worry about kids in November. There won't be alot that time of year.

Old Dec 10th, 2004, 09:18 AM

We are deciding between Caneel bay and Little Dix...for 2 weeks in july for our honeymoon...is oen less crowded with children than the other?
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 06:14 AM

Remember that July is vacation time for many families. If you really don't want kids around try Peter Island instead, or find a couples only resort.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 02:40 PM

We were there the 1st week in November this year and for the 1st few days there was no children that we saw. The last 2 days we saw them at Breakfast and then never again the rest of the day. I would ask to be put in a room away from any families and ask the maitre de to seat you away from any noise in the dining room.
The children that were there were very good and the noise came from the fact that they were with a large group of moms, dads, grandparents and such with or without kids a big group is noisy.