Cayman questions

Jan 31st, 2003, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Cayman questions

Hi. I have a few questions that I hope some you seasoned Cayman travelers can answer for me...

1. Do the condos usually provide a blender?

2. Do you recommend bringing things such as rum, pina colada mix (hence the blender above!) and snacks etc... with us or are these types of items reasonable enough at the food stores in GC? I would prefer not to lug a bunch of stuff but I also don't wnat to pay and arm and a leg for things I can easily get from home.

2. What are some good spots for nightlife near the Villas of the Galleon/Westin? Just a beach bar with some music would be great...

Thanks!
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:05 PM

Kristen,

I'm guessing most condos would have a blender, but I'd ask to make sure if it means picking another place.

Booze is very expensive on the island, so bringing some with you is a good choice. You are allowed 1 liter of spirits per person. My wife & I brought a bottle of Rum, and a bottle of Vodka. The mixers you can get down there. Just throw the bottle in your carry-on luggage. Yes the grocery stores will be more expensive, but not so bad as to warrant bringing a bunch of food with you. It is very americanized, and you'll find the grocery stores similar to what you'd find at home.

As far as nightlife goes, one of the most popular spots is a beach bar called Royal Palms. It is south of the Westin, but walkable if need be. They have a live band from Thursday through Saturday night I believe. Good place to hang out, and tip a few back. It has a good mix of people of all ages.
Jan 31st, 2003, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot Scott!
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:54 PM

Another option, although it's not on the beach, Legendz is right across the street. Some nights they have live rock bands. Some nights, it's more of a comedy club.
Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:58 PM

Another option for nightlife, although it's not on the beach is Legendz. It's right across the street from the Villa's. Some night they have live rock bands and some nights they have comedians.