Cayman Islands in August

May 15th, 2002, 12:54 AM
Erica

Cayman Islands in August

My finance and I are going for a week to the Cayman Islands in the beginning of August. Has anyone been to Cayman islands during the time fame? What can we expect for weather?

May 15th, 2002, 03:01 AM
Sandy

Erica,
I've been on Grand Cayman during the first week of August, and the weather is Hot! Hot! Hot! We had no rain the entire week, just beautiful blue skies. The first week in August also starts the beginning of lobster season. A fisherman docked his boat near our condo and we bought lobsters for $5 each and fixed them in the condo. Very tasty!!!

May 18th, 2002, 12:26 PM
heather

When is lobster season? We are going in Sept. and would love to buy lobster for $5 and cook in the condo. Which condo would we need to check with?

May 18th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Sandy

Heather,
Any local fisherman that you see docked, just ask if he has any lobsters for sale. There's also a fresh fish market in Georgetown and on the east end of the island where you could get fresh lobster. The season starts the first week of August, but I don't know when it ends. I would think it would still be season in September.

May 28th, 2002, 07:24 PM
juli

Erica:.

Oh my god was it hot. I liken it to be on the sun. I was there the last weekend in August last year. I wouldnt plan to spend too much time sitting in a chair, you will melt for sure. I think I sat there for about 5 minutes and had to get in the water. But you get used to it and the water temp @80 degrees actual is cooling when the weather is that hot and if your hotel has a pool they are usually cooler.

I hope you bought insurance just because that is peak season in the carribean for tropical storms and hurricanes, we just missed one last year so I hope your a gambling women. Even thought the weather said partly cloudy all week we where there dont worry, you welcome the relief from the sun for the few minutes the big clouds go by.

Make sure you bring ALOT of strong sunscreen. And put it everywhere, and i mean everywhere.AND OFTEN, 3 people used an entire bottle of 15spf in 4 days.

You will love it, its a great place. Its not as crowded as peak season and its easy to get great tables in all the good restaurants.

Good Luck and have a great trip
Juli