Search

Cayman Islands Condos/Villas

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2009, 06:49 AM
klw
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cayman Islands Condos/Villas

Has anyone stayed at any condos or villas on Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman? My husband and I were looking at The Reef and Treasure Island in June. We want to stay somewhere on the beach, very nice with a kitchen so that we can save money on meals if we need to do so. Any other nice villas/condos? Also, has anyone stayed at the two I mentioned? We are trying to book this trip this week and we are wondering if this trip will be too expensive. We have heard that GC is really pricey! Any help would be fabulous!
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 05:49 AM

We have stayed at the Reef Resort several times and love it, we have also been to Treasure Island for drinks. They are really different resorts. The Reef Resort is on the quiet side of the island and is more upscale. Treasure Island is right in the middle of the busy 7MB area. What type of vacation are you looking for? (relaxing, night life, snorkeling, etc?) That will help you make a decision. We have stayed at other properites on 7MB as well, but once we found the Reef Resort we only go back to 7MB for a day or so.
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 06:31 AM
klw
Original Poster

We want to be near everything so that we don't have to rent a car to eat/drink/etc. Is Treasure Island nice? Are there any other condos that you might recommend? We also like that TI has some restaurants and a bar on site.
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 11:38 AM

We LOVED the Aqua Bay Club. Here's why. Steps from 7MB. short beach walk from snorkeling on Cemetery Reef. Nightly sunsets on the balcony, we whipped up our own drinks, ran out for sushi or "chicken chicken" and then just let the waves roll by! The condo was huge, full and well equipped kitchen where we mostly cooked breakfast, quiet, just perfect for two 50 somethings looking to go "off the grid" for a week in January.
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 05:35 AM

Do not care for Treasure Island, rocky beach and not so great. My fav is Plantana, nice quite end of the beach with the Westin close by to rent jet skis ect from Red Sail Sports. Great condos, close to the public beach and they really take care of the grounds.
Old May 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM

We just returned from Grand Cayman. Stayed at Silver Sands condos; very clean, quiet, short walk to cemetery beach and adjacent to another decent snorkeling spot. We took a resort dive course at Treasure Island resort. At first we were impressed at the pools, and the swim up to bar; but then we noticed that even at 9:30 am the trash cans were not emptied and in some cases overflowing. Their beach looked pretty lousy too (mostly rock).

We at dinner at the Reef Grill (part of the Reef resort, I believe), very tasty.
Old May 1st, 2009, 05:20 PM

The Reef Grill is not part of the Reef Resort!!!!
Old May 3rd, 2009, 03:59 AM

Reef Grill is part of the Royal Palms.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM

I second Plantana. We've stayed there 3 times. Close enough to everything, but you'd never know it, never crowded. Full kitchen and grills by the hammock. Nice people.
Old May 12th, 2009, 05:33 AM

Hopefully this isn't too late - we were just in the Caymans and stayed at the Meridian right on 7 mile beach. This is the 7th time we have stayed there and really wouldn't stay anywhere else! Fosters Food Fair is across the street. You can walk to Deckers, Ragazzi, Luca, Copper Falls Steakhouse, and many more. The beach is fabulous and there are huts on the beach. http://www.meridian.ky/main.html
Old May 19th, 2009, 05:28 PM

Just got back from staying at Westin & checked out condos for next trip back when we'll hopefully be bringing kids. Plantana was the one that was most appealing based on location, price & overall upkeep. I'm sure there are fancier ones but they seemed much pricier. Have to say, it would be hard to go wrong anywhere on that beach!
Old May 21st, 2009, 03:28 AM

you might look at http://www.villasofthegalleon.com/
Old May 25th, 2009, 10:44 AM

I actually lived that Treasure Island for a few months while I was working on the Island and it is a nice resort, though it does have a bit of a rocky beach. The suites are nice and the swim up bar is open until 9 every day.

You can easily walk to AquaBeach, Bed, Coconut Joe's and Andy's car rental from TI.

You can walk to the full 7MB by turning right at the water's edge and in about 5 minutes your on beautiful sand....

The beach at TI is never crowded and the rum drinks at Billy Bone's (the swim up bar) are excellent.
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:25 AM

I don't like Treasure Island, the beach is too rocky! The Reef condos on 7MB (BY THE REEF GRILL) are way too noisy at night, they have live bands next door and the music is very loud. The location is great and the prices are cheap but if you enjoy sleep I wouldn't stay there.
Plantana is my favorite but is more expensive...but worth it in my opinion.
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 07:29 AM

I'd also recommend the Reef (http://www.thereef.com) they have a few good specials right now.