cayman airways

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cayman airways

anyone have experience with this airline
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 05:53 AM

I flew with them in June and everything was great. No problems. It did take them about two months before they actually charged my credit card though.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 06:00 AM

This used to be an airline that made flying to Cayman for a vacation part of the vacation. Cute uniform, rum punches with fun swizzle stick, on time departure...
It also used to be more expensive. We ended up on Cayman Airways several times when NWA late connections to MIA resulted in them giving us a seat on this airline. (This was some years ago so may be a highly unreliable review but it's worth checking into.)
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 08:51 AM
KVR

We flew Cayman Air in Nov. 2003 out of Houston. No problem with the flight. No frills though. I would consider fling with them again if we ever returned to GC.
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 11:27 AM

We are very happy to fly Cayman out of Chicago now that they offer a direct flight. They still offer a meal and free rum punch.
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 02:39 PM

If you are coming to Cayman from any of their gateways, then I definitely recommend supporting Cayman Airways... who still serve up free Rum Punch, friendly crew and check in staff, and a schedule at least as reliable as any of the US carriers.

They are also very close to the hearts of all Caymanians... for good reason... fly Cayman Airways !
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 03:11 PM

I too would recommend this airline. We have flown with them three times and have never had any trouble.

We had booked a flight with them for a trip last Nov. but due to the hurricane situation I called and canceled the trip.

After being persistent with a few phone calls and faxes, I received a voucher good for one year to rebook the flights with no further charges.
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 04:16 PM

Great no frills airline with very friendly staff. I strongly support them because they are the national carrier to the Cayman islands and they proved invaluable when it came to transporting people and supplies after Hurricane Ivan. But the real treat for someone like yourself comes down to 3 little words: FREE RUM PUNCH!
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 05:44 PM

I too was thinking pre-Ivan, that CAL was a huge drain on the government economy. I have done a 180 degree change of mind. There can be no price tag placed on the service that this airline did for the island. And I for 1, will never come to the island again on any other carrier. They deserve our support!!!!!!
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 05:53 PM

Just returned from GC and we flew Cayman Air. It was one of the best experiences we have had in recent history on an airline. We actually left earlier than scheduled (everyone was on board and ready to go) - the flight was extremely smooth - the flight attendants were friendly - and yes, they provide complimentary rum punch, fruit punch and soft drinks. I would not hesitate to fly this airline again.