Caves Question for Tiverton

Old Jan 1st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caves Question for Tiverton

Apologies for being such a nudge!

I wanted to know whether the sage Tiverton, or perhaps any other might have some information regarding the new Sands Restaurant and Bar attached to the Caves Resort on the Cliffs of Negril.
I wondere whether or not anyone knows whether this, now open to the public area, is or is not included within the guest all inclusive package and whether or not it is a worthwhile visit!

Many thanks!
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 02:48 PM

I know it is open to the public, but i think that is the only part of the Caves that is open to the public.

Sorry I don't know about the AI package but I'd think Island Outpost/The Caves could help you with that info.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:10 AM

Friends were there over this past holiday weekend so initial reviews should be in soon.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much Tiverton!!!
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 03:32 AM

Sorry for delay.
Friends, one a foodie, one a Rastaman
with a strict diet, went over early Dec for the Jamaican premiere of 'No Place Like Home', Perry Henzell's finally released film from the 70's, at The Caves/Sands (ironically, he died 2 days previously). They went back again as well. Verdict:It's a good addition to property -- and a good intro/taste of what the lucky ones staying there enjoy daily, if not much more. IF I stayed
in Negril, this is the only place I'd stay.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Brilliant! Thank you!
We are locked and loaded
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 08:05 AM

If you go exploring (and you should) into the countryside (to Pelican Bar/Black River, for example), you might also enjoy Ann Lyon's CULLODEN
CAFE in Little Culloden/Whitehouse,
past Sandals/across the bay from same.
Very good lunch/dinner, reasonably priced. Dining inside and out under
a passionfruit vine pergola (it's sand
floors at Sands/Caves).
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 06:01 PM

Hello Sneep, Sorry to intrude on your post for Tiverton, but It looks like you have experienced the Caves and Tensing Pen and possibly Rockhouse. It looks like my 40something hubby and I will be able to escape our 3 little ones for 4 nights in Jamaica. Thanks to Tivertons responses, I am definitely doing the caves for at least 2 of those nights, but was considering Tensing or Rockhouse for the other 2 to give us the opportunity to try some of the local places to eat/drink. We are not party animals, but do like to socialize and hang out at a bar for some drinks in the evenings. My fear was that We could get bored at the caves or We'd love it and not want to leave to experience a few other hotspots and Jamaican "vibe". Does Tensing have a bar? It looks like their restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner? I've heard rockhouse can have many 20somethings? Are we too old for Rockhouse? Which is nicer, better service, etc..I'd love you thoughts on any of this as it looks like you have experience with it all. Any room recommendations at the resorts you recommend too would be greatly appreciated.