Search

jamica

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jamica

looking to go away to negril for one week all inclusive any suggestions adult only
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 07:22 PM

Its spelled Jamaica.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 08:57 AM

Considering it should be "it's" and not "its" and it's "Caribbean" and not "Carribean" (from one of your old posts), I think you need to chill, bon100.

Tarek: We spent 10 days in Negril last August and had a fantastic time. We did not stay in an all-inclusive adult only place so can't help you there. But if you do decide to stay there, I can give you the link to my trip report for some great excursion ideas. I'm sure others will reply with some suggestions. Good luck.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 09:54 AM

Well said caribtraveler.
bon200, you probably meant to be humorous, or so I hope, but curt answers like that are unhelpful and not in the spirit of this board.

Tarek: I too have been to negril several times and we could all help with perhaps a little bit more information as to what you are looking for, your preferences, dislikes, budget is always important etc..that sort of thing!

Jamaica has so many wonderful options in a range of price points and with some of the warmest and most sincere people in the islands, that you cannot go wrong!
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 11:40 AM
KVR

I agree it really depends on what your budget is. We went to Negril for the first time in November and desperatly wanted an adult only AI. We looked at Couples and Sandals and just couldn't bring ourselves to pay their amazingly outragous high prices.

So then we debated long and hard over the RIU Tropical Bay and Sunset at the Palms. We ended up at the RIU and wasn't very happy with the choice. The hotel was fine, the beach and facilities were good, and the staff very nice. What we didn't like was the food was pretty bad, the speciality restuarant reservation system was the worst and some of the clientele they attract was not our type.

If you can be more specific as to what your looking for, you should get more responses.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM

Oh! I toured Sunset at the Palms and fell in love.
We will definitely return and stay there at some point!