caribbean in july

Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:44 AM
pearl456

caribbean in july

my husband and i are planning a beach vacation for the second week of july. any recommendations for something affordable? we'd like to spend about $150 per night or less on hotel. any comments on the weather this time of year would also be appreciated. thanks!

Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:32 AM

Maybe you would want to check out La Sirena Hotel on Anguilla. Visit their site at www.la-sirena.com. Thinks they also have a 30% discounton the rates posted on their site.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:45 AM
JMM

Since summer is the off season in the caribbean you should be able to get a good deal on a hotel. BUT it is also the hurricane season. If you want to be sure of completely avoiding the possibility of tropical storms, the deep southern caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire) are out of the hurricane belt.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:37 AM

I personally love the Turks and Caicos, and some of the less developed islands in the Bahamas (marsh harbor, etc.) This time of year is great for visiting those places (since they are not too far south, and the water is kinda cool earlier in the year. Check out Orbitz, they should be able to find you plenty of hotels in that range.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:58 AM
pearl456

thanks for the replies!