Search

Cap Jaluca

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 09:56 AM
Karen

Cap Jaluca

Does anyone know about the room differences here? We booked a Superior (least expensive at $420)room here and can't seem to find any pictures of it. Compared to the Luxury room which is one category up, I hear it's just smaller. Also, how's the pool? Of all the research I've done that's the only complaint I've heard. We LOVE the Ritz/Four Seasons pools and don't want to be too disapointed.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 11:17 AM
marty

cap juluca is wonderful. I don't know about the room diff's though.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 04:15 PM
jessica

cj is very nice i dont think the rooms are much different except for in square footage.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:45 AM
gab

The Superior is 700 square feet. The Luxury is 790 square feet. The difference is supposedly in the size of the bathroom--Luxury rooms have giant bathrooms with huge tubs. Superior rooms have only a shower.<BR>Also, the Luxury rooms for the most part have a second balcony that is private. I also think that the Superior rooms are on the lower floor, while most of the Luxury rooms are on the second floor.<BR><BR>The pool isn't anything too great, mostly because it's not situated on the beach. If you're into pools, you'll be disappointed. But the beach is so spectacular that I doubt you'll really care about the absence of a decent pool. You'll have the ocean!

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:08 AM
Linda

Dear Karen,<BR>My girlfriend stayed in a Luxury and she said that the bathroom was enormous and luxurious- so Gab is right.<BR>You need to ask yourself if it is worth paying extra for that luxury or not? <BR>Realistically how much time will you spend in the room (or bathroom)?

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:58 PM
xxx

If you love the Ritz/Four Seasons pools, you will be extremely disappointed in Cap. Don't go there if you are looking for a good pool atmosphere!

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:16 PM
karen

Thanks to all of you who answered me. We have been tossing it around for ever!! I just don't think any of the resorts on smaller islands are going to offer that "ritz" atmosphere. Trying to get the closest we can I guess.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 06:04 PM
patty

see www.travelhop.com/anguilla/hotels.html for photos of cap juluca

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:01 PM
Katie

if it high maintance glitz head to the Ritz. If you want quality head to the small luxury resorts on the smaller islands. The chain hotels just can't compete. Cap's pool is nice and was added but no one uses it. Don't need it with that beach! It is a lovely setting but not the infinity or modern day fad of pools.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 04:44 AM
lori

you may spend a lot of time in that bathroom once you see it. There are supposedly only a few superior rooms...they may upgrade you anyway. When are you going? In the off season they have a run of the house special--we paid $300 and were guaranteed a luxury double or up. We had the luxury double and i couldn't imagine needing anything above that. It was gorgeous. The entire hotel is beautiful but we never went to the pool once. The ocean is like a pool. You can float on a raft in front of your accomodations and never really go too far.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 07:06 AM
karen

We are going third week of April. <BR>My husband is a bit sceptical about paying so much but I'm pretty much sold on the hotel. Do you know which Superior room(s) we should ask for specifically? Or double luxury like you had?

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 08:08 AM
penny

Karen, did you make your reservations yet? I know the hotel is booked from the 20th on so you might not have a choice.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 09:45 AM
karen

We are already booked in a superior room. It sounds like it will be great so I'm not worried anymore. You all have been a great help!

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 08:01 AM
gratn

Hi Karen<BR><BR>Don't worry about the pool. I like pools too (I hate salty sea water!!) but loved the beach at Cap. I did use the pool for some variety, and was the only one there both times. The pool is basically a big rectangle with extra width for steps on one side. The surrounding area is landscaped with loungers etc but is bounded on three sides by Georges restaurant and its kitchen (although there are no windows facing the pool)....which means it has no view. The sea water is so clear and so warm that we did most of our swimming in the sea - we certainly were happier sunbathing on the beach, as the view is awesome.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 02:00 PM
tracy

I am going to Cap in May. Does any one know if there are rafts available for use in the ocean or do I need to bring my own?

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Lyn

It's a shame that Cap's pool isn't in a better setting with a sea view. It really is not an attractive pool for such a lovely resort. I think the main focus at Cap though is the absolutely stunning beach and they wanted to highlight that and not a pool. The only thing my husband and I usually use the pool for though is to splash around a little and wash off the sea water after a long day at the beach. It suffices for that.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:30 AM
gratn

Tracey<BR><BR>There are floating mats on the beach you can use for free - as well as kayaks etc from the watersports centre

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Bob

We stayed in a superior room on the 2nd floor. It did not have the larger bathroom, but the one it does have has both a shower and a single person bath contrary to one of the earlier posts. The bathroom was extremely nice and not small in anyway. The best part about our room was that we had a staircase leading to a very private roof top deck that had chaise lounges. At night we just gazed at the stars...& during the day we had great views of St. Marten. Cap was truly the best!

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 12:56 PM
KatW

I'm a pool aficionado but once I got to Cap I could have cared less -- the beach is just too bloody marvelous for words. We did spend one delightful morning at the pool but nothing compares with that beach and ocean.