Cambridge Beaches

Aug 17th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Cambridge Beaches

Can anyone give me some insight on this hotel? Also open to recommendations..Want a very nice hotel ON THE BEACH. Have been to Bermuda before and stayed at the Fairmont up on the hill. Did not like having to take the shuttle down to the beach.
Aug 17th, 2008, 05:46 PM

In my view it is the very best choice in Bermuda. Gorgeous setting, high level of service, some of the best food on the island, and great spa
Aug 18th, 2008, 09:30 AM

I was there in 2006 and it was the only place I've ever stayed in Bermuda, but it was lovely. The room was great (very nicely/comfortably furnished), it was an easy resort to walk around, food was EXCELLENT, and spa treatments were also very good. At the time, they were just re-doing the pool so that was out of commission. Only pseudo complaint is that it's at the far end of the island so the bus/taxi ride is a bit long (but that was not a problem at all for us).
One interesting aspect of the resort for me was that the whole 5 days we were there, we never saw the working staff (housekeeping, grounds people, etc.). I'm not sure when they did they work but they were always out of sight!
Aug 18th, 2008, 10:35 AM

We stayed at CB two years ago. We had a wonderful room. The resort is quiet and you have a choice of two different, if unspectacular, beaches to choose from if you want to spend your time sunbathing and/or swimming. The main beach, however, has very shallow water so you have to walk out quite a ways if you want to swim. The food is tasty but we recommend that if you are on the meal plan you do one or two "dine arounds" at the other resorts. The service was very nice with one exception. We found the hotel's concierge to be less than helpful and in fact down right inept. For some reason he was unable to arrange a deep sea fishing trip for us even though we told him any day during our week's stay would be fine and he failed miserably (twice actually) at arranging a private tour of the island for us. The first time we showed up at the appointed time only to be told our driver "was on the way". After waiting 2 1/2 hours we cancelled and rescheduled the tour for the following day. The following day, the driver did show up albeit an hour late.

We are "senior citizens" so using scooters for transportation was out of the question. We relied on taxis and always found it difficult to get one. Everytime we wanted to leave the hotel it entailed at least a 30 minute wait while they hailed us a cab.

The "last straw" on transportation came on the day we left to go home. The night before we confirmed with the front desk that we wanted a cab to take us to the airport at 11:00AM. We reconfirmed again around 10:00AM and were told to wait in our rooms for the driver - you guessed it 11:00 came and went without so much as a knock on the door or phone call. At 11:30 I phone the front desk and after much appology we finally got our ride to the airport.
Aug 19th, 2008, 09:54 AM

Roamsaround --- you must have been at CB around the same time we were because I definitely remember that concierge! There were several times when he gave us bad info so we just didn't bother with him after that. The rest of the staff was impressive, however. During the trip we also met a consultant who was hired by CB to improve performance issues (overall, not just staff-related) since the hotel was trying to get a high rating from the tourism bureau. Not sure how that worked out, but I did enjoy my stay!
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM

We were there in June 2006 - the lack of service by the Concierge was the only downside of our visit - otherwise it was a terrific resort.

Search this Thread