Breezes in Curacao?

Nov 11th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Rick

Breezes in Curacao?

We have reservations at Breezes in January '02. Not sure the hotel is even open yet; but, does anyone know anything about it?

Nov 11th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Penney

I seem to remember hearing that it was open now. Looks nice from theBreezes site.

Lets us know how it is - I am very curious!

Penney

Dec 5th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Martine

They are still working very ahrd and it is supposed to open on the 15th of December

Dec 17th, 2001, 03:59 PM
roger

I just got home today from Curacao.
Beeezes is not open yet.
I stopped there two days ago, ( It had a sign up Princess Beach that they were removing and the Breezes sign was going up.
Ther were workers all around but when I asked if it was open I got a NO.

I hope they finish prior to your visit.

Better give a call to be sure your not in the middle of a construction site.

Good Luck.

Dec 17th, 2001, 07:19 PM
sss

I was told they are to open Dec. 23rd...post on your return

Dec 18th, 2001, 08:46 AM
curious

Is the Princess Beach Resort becoming a Breezes? My husband and I stayed there last May, and the rooms would need quite a bit of work to get out of an "old Holiday Inn" look.

Dec 29th, 2001, 03:38 PM
DebbieH

We are booked from Feb. 13-18. They were going to open (limited) on December 28 because they were expecting a group of 50 or 60. They supposedly really need about 2 more weeks to get it together. We will see. Website acts like they opened today.

They are talking about it a lot on www.caribbean-on-line.com

Jan 24th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Roni

Rick,

Have you returned yet? My husband and i are going mid-Feb. I would love to hear any impressions. tips, etc.

Feb 11th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Ann

Just got back from Curacao last night. We stayed at the Sea Aquarium Resort (great place, you can see more of my comments about this in the reply to someone who'd asked about it on this post), but heard a number of people when we were waiting to board our return flight who were pretty unhappy with Breezes, mostly related to opening too soon. Poor service, not much choice of food, maintenance problems, on and on. Heard NO ONE who had been happy with it, although most people raved about the island. Based on what we heard, I'd try to cancel or at least postpone for a good while.

Feb 11th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Penney

I beleive that this site has some pictures of Breezes.

www.tropictravelonline.com

Feb 12th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Jill

Ann,

I really hope that your post is genuine, many people are taking you on face value and some appear ti be basing their trip on it

Feb 13th, 2002, 01:06 AM
DebbieH

I am getting ready to go to the airport for 5 nights at Breezes. Email me for trip report and links to photos.

May 23rd, 2003, 09:30 AM

My husband and I stayed at Breezes in November 2002. We had a wonderful time. We stayed in the Plove building on the second floor. I would stay there again.

Upon entering the rom, they had the bed, shower and toilet filled with flower peddles.

My one and only complaint is the bartenders are not knowledgable in making drinks. But they will allow you to get behind the bar and make one (if you are kind to them) hahahaha.

Do not eat for about 3 days before you go. They over feed you there...hahaha

You will enjoy it.

Yes, they got rid of that Holiday Inn look