Search

Boscobel Beach

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 1999, 08:18 AM
Danita Waltman

Boscobel Beach

We are going to Boscobel Beach in July. <BR>This is our first trip to Jamaica. Any <BR>advice or info on this resort would be great. I would <BR>especially like info on the scuba diving. <BR>We are getting certified right now and my <BR>13 year old has his Jr. certificate. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Danita Waltman

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 06:13 PM
Ken

Have stayed there a couple of times with our boys. No need to leave the resort. I would opt for the junior suites. Great adults only Italian restaurant. Adults pool and spa also. Entertainment was mediocre but fun. House band one trip was excellent. Diving included one time a day. Typical 30 minutes and up. Nothing compared to Cozumel, etc. but fun anyways. You can arrange for additional diving for $$. Snorkeling is excellent by resort boat. You can snorkel to the reef from the beach, but watch out for the boats coming and going. Enjoyed our time there.

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 06:13 PM
Ken

Have stayed there a couple of times with our boys. No need to leave the resort. I would opt for the junior suites. Great adults only Italian restaurant. Adults pool and spa also. Entertainment was mediocre but fun. House band one trip was excellent. Diving included one time a day. Typical 30 minutes and up. Nothing compared to Cozumel, etc. but fun anyways. You can arrange for additional diving for $$. Snorkeling is excellent by resort boat. You can snorkel to the reef from the beach, but watch out for the boats coming and going. Enjoyed our time there.

Old Jun 18th, 1999, 11:37 AM
Jim

Danita: Although I would never go back to Jamaica, Boscobel is terrific. The food is OK in the buffet, the food in the ala carte restaurants is better. Service is good; lots of staff. The water right off the resort is just OK (we only snorkelled). But my kids (7 and 8) LOVED IT. Your son may be a little old for the organized activities. One big drawback: the resort is 2.5 hours from the airport by van and our driver (not the resort's) stopped to do a "deal" on the way. We had a full suite on the ocean which was really beautiful and quiet.

Old Jun 19th, 1999, 11:32 AM
trina

I was expecting a nicer place than what it was. The rooms were pretty basic and not the cleanest. We had bugs in a couple of the rooms. Compared to many other 5 star resorts, this one did not do much for me. I suppose if you are after a kids' resort this would be o.k.

Old Jun 25th, 1999, 06:08 PM
Bob Sheehan

Danita, <BR> <BR>Have never been to Boscobel Beach, but <BR>myself, my wife Lisa and my two daughters Nicole (8) and Jenn(13) will <BR>be there from 7/11 through the 18th. <BR>Maybe we'll see you there. <BR> <BR>Everything I've read here on the web seems to be mostly positive. Positive notes seem to outnumber negative ones <BR>by approximately 10 to 1. <BR> <BR>Bob.

Old Jul 2nd, 1999, 09:31 AM
Danita

Thanks to everyone that replied. There seems to be a WIDE range of opinions on Boscobel. Bob, My family <BR>will be at Boscobel the same time as <BR>yours! Hope to see you there.

Old Jul 2nd, 1999, 09:32 AM
Danita

Thanks to everyone that replied. There seems to be a WIDE range of opinions on Boscobel. Bob, My family <BR>will be at Boscobel the same time as <BR>yours! Hope to see you there.