Biras Creek Room Recommendations

Jun 14th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Del

Biras Creek Room Recommendations

I'm booked for a garden suite at Biras for my honeymoon. I know, the ocean suites are better, but the 7 day package with the garden suite was the most I could do with my budget. I'm sure it will be wonderful. However, I was wondering if any of you have suggestions as to which suite we should request - i.e. is one suite closer (or farther away, which might be better) to the dining room/pool or the other important things. We really want quiet (hence we chose Biras). I don't want to be a pest to the management so your input on how a request for a specific room and for a room not near a room with children would be taken would also be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Jun 14th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Neysa

Del,
If you don't get an answer here, you might e-mail Lynn McKamey (e-mail [email protected]). She has travelled there more than once and knows this property. Also her extensive and interesting review of Biras might help:
http://www.scubamom.com/bvi-resorts/biras-creek/

Although we've not been there yet, Biras is definitely on our list of places to visit. It sounds wonderful, and I know you've made an excellent choice for your honeymoon!

Good luck and best wishes,
Neysa

Jun 17th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Biras

Del:

You'll love Biras for your honeymoon. My wife and I just returned from Biras in May -- it was tremendous. We stayed in the Ocean Front room but commented that when we return (which we will) we would book the Garden room instead.

The rooms themselves are identical and we just weren't in our room enough during the day to enjoy the view. The Garden rooms are close enough that you will still hear the surf at night as well. Save the money and use it as you'd please during your stay. Good luck!!

Jun 17th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Keith

I stayed in the ocean front room and liked it but the only advantage was the view of the water. It was nice to sit on the patio looking over the ocean. Other than that the garden suite is the same.

Jun 17th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Kat

Hello
See for yourself at Biras.com. I stayed in the Grand Suite for my honeymoon and it was AMAZING. Definately Definately worth it.

Jun 25th, 2002, 03:25 AM
scubamom

As I remember, cottage 4 would be the most private since it is at the end of the small pathway between the Garden and Ocean cottages.

You'll also find some pretty trails to the beach nearby if you decide to walk rather than take your bikes.

Have fun!

Jun 25th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Del

Thank you all. I'm so excited. I've poured over scubamom.com and biras.com and even the Biras brochure. I wish my trip (and wedding, but that is another story!) was tomorrow. I wonder if we asked for room 4 they'd think we were pushy or just "knowledgable!" What do you think? Thanks again.

Jun 25th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Kat

I have always found the staff very nice and will accommodate you with a request. They gave us the room we requested without any trouble.If someone else has already requested it, you will get the room if they cancel.
Congratulations and I know you will have a wonderful time the place is BEAUTIFUL!!!!