Biras Creek

Jan 4th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Biras Creek

For anyone looking for a spectacular vacation in the BVI...Biras Creek is the place to visit. My husband and I had a fabulous anniversary experience and apparently, Biras Creek is a new hot spot for the Hollywood celebrity crowd - Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones were spotted celebrating on New Year's Eve at the resort!
Jan 4th, 2007, 09:34 AM

We have a week booked in Feb. Our first trip there since 2000. Were the renovations completed when you were there?
Jan 4th, 2007, 11:27 AM
owa

Zita, When were you there? Did you snorkel? Food? We are going in May for the first time, and I would appreciate any information you will give.

jeff111, Please write a report when you get back. Thanks, Owa

Jan 4th, 2007, 01:10 PM

If you read my short trip report you will see one point of view from an avid snorkeler/skin diver. we were there 8 full days 3 weeks ago.
I also mentioned that the renovations were 80-85% complete when we left on 12/13. I am sure they were 90++% completed by Dec.22 and jeff111 I am sure it will be 99% when you go in Feb. But, do not expect decent snorkeling for most of the coral in and around VG is dead or dying, unfortunately. Also, be prepared to cycle or take longish walks to the beach and the dining room. But you will not be disappointed with the dinners.
I suppose zita and my wife and I have different expectations of lovely suites and quality of breakfasts and most lunches.
Celebraties to me are a distraction except when we were there the resort had it's "official" opening and Sir Richard Bronson attended. That's the kind of celebrity I enjoy, a regular person who was affable and did not stay much to themselves as I saw at Parrot Cay (we love the resort)and I wish I could go when most celebs are not there based being around them on occasion at Peter Island, Parrot, Jumby Bay and Sandy Lane in Barbados.Maybe, I am jaded.
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

This was our first visit to Biras Creek in December, therefore, I am ill-suited to compare the renovations to the previous decor. Everything seemed to be updated and complete...I did not witness any signs of ongoing renovation during our stay. The suite was extremely comfortable and inviting and we enjoyed what were obviously new, quality furnishings, mattresses and linens. In fact, our overall impression with the property was quite positive, including all the meals and extremely friendly and accomadating staff. We had just returned in November from Maui where we did a great deal of diving and snorkeling, so the purpose of this trip was relaxation. We did not take advantage of the offsite activities such as snorkeling, so you'll need to rely on other reviews for that information. My husband and I have traveled the world and found the Biras experience to be among the best. We are leaving in two weeks to take possession of our new yacht in Costa Rica at the Marina Los Suenos. I'll post our Costa Rican review upon our return.
Zita