Search

BEST WESTIN POOL??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEST WESTIN POOL??

I need some help. I have a bunch of free nights at any Starwood hotel--(mostly Westins and Sheratons). I want to stay at a resort with a huge tropical pool and don't care very much whether the resort is in the USA or outside of the USA. Besides the Westin in Maui, does anyone know of another great pool at a Starwood hotel? THANKS.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 04:44 AM

I would stay at the Westin ST.John USVI No Question. They have a HUGE pool.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 05:53 AM

There are some nice hotels in California - Mission Hills, Dana Point, in Can San Luca Mexico area the Westi Regina and the Sheraton Hacienda there are other nice Starwood hotels in Mexico. Florida has the Diplomat. Arizona the Phoenecian
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 07:02 AM
mjz

robtn - i liked the pool at the westin regina in puerto vallarta. this westin had a series of pools that were all connected. the pools contained little islands with palm trees growing out of them. the grounds were very lush and the view from the pools was of the pacific ocean and mountains.

i'll be at the westin st. john in two weeks, so i'll post a report when i return. however, i plan on spending all my time exploring the many great beaches st. john as to offer....and not the pool.

fyi....don't forget to checkout starwood's luxury collection. the resorts are amazing and you can use your starwood points (at a premium) as well.

enjoy your planning and travels!
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 08:17 AM
caribtraveler

pool at westin st. john does not compare AT ALL to the one in maui. wouldn't want you to get your hopes up..just look at it on the website and you'll see what i mean.
st. john pool is one level with a nice/different shape to it and a rather simple waterfall type of feature in the middle (that's all there is to it).
the pools at the westin on grand bahama island are actually nicer than the pool in st. john. 1 pool has a swim-up bar with an infinity edge to it. the 2nd pool is an infinity one. it has a shallow end where some of the lounge chairs are (nice!). there's a 3rd one with a snakeshape to it. no slides or different levels or waterfalls like the ones in maui though, but very nice in a different way.