BEST "WEDDINGMOON" LOCATION

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are planning a "weddingmoon" for March 2005. We were considering using Sandals in St. Lucia mainly because they handle everything (I'm not a great coordinator). Are there any other places we should consider that do All-Inclusives? Or does anyone have any suggestions for other locations besides St. Lucia? I'm not totally hung up on Sandals, but I want to start looking at brochures from places to help me decide. Thanks for any input!
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 01:14 PM

We have been to many Sandals and picking one dependson what oyu are looking for as they all vary to some degree. Some have better beaches, more lively, more romantic, nicer pools and suites, more laid back or less crowded.

Sandals St.
Lucia is the largest Sandals there is - pools and suites are very impressive but the pool area gets so packed becasue at high tide, the man made beach is washed away so that could be a factor. Food however is great - tons of choices. We personallu liked Sandals Antigua much better - mroe laid back and much prettier and more romantic. Beach is larger but less action so it is a toss up as to what you want in the resort.

As far as the wedding, Sandals pretty much handles everything so no worries. You will have to put your foot down as far as time adn location becasue they like to give you a time which might not be what you are looking for - just be firm.

Another consideration is other resorts besides Sandals - there are tons that cost just as much but less hype then Sandals. We were married at Grand Lido iin NEgril on a yacht and it was more upscale and the cost was the same. There are soooo many resorts to choose from!

Jsut what ever you do, make it personal - bring music, write your own vows, special flowers, something to make it yours and not cookie-cutter.

Penney
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 03:16 PM

hello! We are getting married and spending our honeymoon in the Virgin Islands. We are staying at The Morning Star and the Marriot's Frenchman's Reef. It is beautiful there! And they plan out everything!!!! I am getting married on a decorated gazebo facing the ocean. We are going in May 2004 with about 25 people. We are staying a 2nd week by ourselves. There is so much to do and see in the Virgin Islands. And you can venture over to the other islands as well on ferries.If you'd like to chat heres my email
[email protected]
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 03:17 PM

We got married at Sandals in Nassau, March 2002. From what I've heard, it's not the nicest of the Sandals, but for us, we thought it was the only spot we'd be able to have friends come to because it's so close and u can do the 3 day package. Our friends stayed down the beach at a cheaper place and our families pitched in for them to come hang for the night before the wedding and for the whole day of the wedding. The rooms are not great, especially considering the amount of money you're paying. They were very generous and gave us a room upgrade (because we were getting married there) to an incredible suite. The beach is almost non-existant, but there's a beautiful island that you take the hotel's boat to (3 minutes). We rented that for the night and had it all to ourselves. It was unbelievable. Having said all this, you may just want to do the solo thing, in which case, I've heard the St. Lucia (be careful which one you chose) and the Negril Sandal's are beautiful. ANYWAY, the wedding coordinator's couldn't have been more amazing. You do not really need to worry about a single thing. Good luck!!!
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for your comments! I will definately take everything you say into consideration. I've never been to the Caribbean, so any advice is a big help! And to Blondy: Lots of well-wishes to you for your wedding!
Thanks again!
Kris
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 11:55 AM

I was married at Sandals Antigua last October. We found the resort to be very laid back and romantic. The grounds are very lush/tropical, the beach is large with powder soft sand and very calm water. Food and drinks were good (not spectacular, but good. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment and mostly the access to the watersport equipment at all times.

As far as the wedding, Sandals took care of all the arrangements and they did a wonderful job. It's all in what you make it. We weren't picky about anything and pretty much just went with the flow...that was the entire point of getting married miles away on the beach. I couldn't have imagined having more fun while getting married. Every one of our pictures turned out so well because we had smiles on our faces from ear to ear the entire time! They also served a delicious (the lobster was great) candle light dinner the night of our wedding and breakfast in bed the morning after. We thought everything was perfect.

If you have any questions, please ask. Enjoy whatever you choose and congrats!

Old Sep 17th, 2003, 06:02 PM

We went to LeSport on St. Lucia in June 2002. It is a wonderful all-inclusive resort that also does weddings. The food was wonderful as well as the activities. The spa treatments are really great and the beach is also nice. If you go to St. Lucia, be sure to do a day trip to see the island. It is a really amazing place.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 04:08 PM
kendall

I would take a look at the Bucuti Resort in Aruba. It is not an AI, but it is a very resonable low-rise hotel located on a beautiful beach (Eagle Beach). I feel it is truly a waste to go with an AI package. There are so many great restaurants available on many islands. To me an AI package is like going on a cruise. You eat at the same location every night. The Bucuti is in the process of adding some beachfront rooms which will be opening in March. Our next trip is to Barbados. This is another island you may want to take a look at. Since I haven't experience the island yet I can't make any specific recommendations. Have a great weddingmoon!

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 08:53 AM

If you go to St. Lucia / Sandals make sure that you chose the Grand St. Lucian rather than Sandals / Halcion. Went to Grand St. Lucian 11/02 and had a wonderful, active (yet relaxing) vacation. Going to and from the airport the van stopped at Halcion resort -- a rather tired-looking place, i thought. Just-marrieds with whom we spoke at GSL seemed to have a great wedding experience. Have fun!!!
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 02:16 AM

I also recommend Sandals Grande St. Lucian. We had a lovely vacation there in January of this year, St. Lucia is beautiful. I have some photos posted at

http://www.tropictravelonline.com/cg...ategory=100354

that includes some photos of a wedding that took place while we were there. Sorry I couldn't post a direct link, HTML doesn't appear to work on this site. Congratulations on your upcoming "Weddingmoon" and good luck with your trip planning!
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 05:04 AM

FYI...All resorts will have a wedding planner, you do not have to limit yourself to Sandals. Getting married in the caribbean has become so very popular that any resort will have a coordinator that will handle everything you need and take care of all your details from licence to cake. Most places will have a "package" that will include the cost of everything and some have different prices of packages so you can choose what suits you.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 01:50 PM

ScubaGal... GREAT pictures... you looked beautiful on your wedding day!

We stayed there when It was still teh Hyatt and your pix brought back some great memories

krissolei, if you do choose St. Lucia's Sandals I def. would reccommend Sandals grande over the other 2!

Ruby
[email protected]