Best resort for families

Sep 26th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Best resort for families

I am looking for a fun resort for my wife and two girls (6 and 8), but not too crowded. Want to do some snorkling, sea kyacking (sp?), and just plain body surfing!!! Where to go (preferably where United goes as I have free tickets)? Going early April.
Sep 26th, 2005, 10:45 PM

Not sure if United flies to St Thomas, but IMHO, Westin St John (a short ferry ride away is a great resort for FAMILIES. it's very oriented toward kids activities--even more so than a few years ago. St John has fantastic snorkeling, tho it is not right off the beach at the resort. The resort has a nibig pool. but the bst beaches are a short drive away. IF you go, you might want to look into renting a 2 bedroom viall from a timeshare owners site--that would propblaby be lots less $ than booking direct with the resort.
have fun planning!
have fun planning!
Sep 26th, 2005, 10:51 PM

Just checked (curiosity!). United has flight to St Thomas (STT) listed as UA number flights but operated by US Air.
Sep 27th, 2005, 06:39 AM

Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar in Dorado, Puerto Rico. About 30 minutes from San Juan. It's the condo section of Hyatt Cerramar/Dorado. Great water slides, river pool, my kids absolutely love it. Also, Aruba Marriott Ocean Club, condo section of Aruba Marriott.
Sep 28th, 2005, 12:54 PM

Try the Barcelo Maya on Mayan Riviera in Mexico. On one of the best beaches with on site snorkeling. Check out this website if you want more information and see some pictures. http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/

Search this Thread