Best Place for an early July Honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been having a terrible time picking a destination for my honeymoon. Due in part to Hurricane Season. We are looking to plan our honeymoon from 6/29/14- 7/6/14 and all the places (Mayan Riviera, St Lucia, etc) that I really like I'm being told to stay away from.

HELP!....what's the best beach destination for our July honeymoon. We are looking for warm beaches with warm ocean water. Nice and relaxing, romantic, without being too crowded. We would like some night life and excursions/activities available. All Inclusive would be nice and a resort with an adults only section.

Where should we honeymoon for a budget of about $2500.
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 03:05 AM

While to official Atlantic/Caribbean Hurricane Season runs from June 1 through December 30 major storms are quite rare in late June early July. Even if there was a hurricane at that time of year the odds of it striking any one island are very small. You can research the frequency of storms that have affected any given island at www.stormcarib.com - use the "Climatology" link then pick "Hits & Misses". Scroll down and click on the island(s) you are thinking of visiting. You'll find a chart showing the dates of every hurricane to affect that island since 1851. If you study the data you'll see that the number of storms in late June/early July are few and far between.
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 03:50 AM

This is true you more than likely will not run into a problem during that time frame. The Mayan Riviera offers plenty of nice all inclusive places. I would pick an adult only place as this is when families will be vacationing. St. Lucia is very tropical and a pretty island with much greenery. There beaches leave much to be desired in my opinion. Just do some more individual research to narrow down your choices. You will probably get the biggest bang for your buck in Mexico or Dominican Republic. Barbados and Aruba have to many wonderful restaurants to eat at I would not do A/I in either of those location.
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 06:21 AM

Sorry - I need to make a bit of a correction - the Atlantic Hurricane season runs from June 1 through NOVEMBER 30 (not December 30).
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 06:39 AM
KVR

We were married mid July 14 years ago. The only weather concerns we ever encountered was that it is very hot and humid and if we don't choose an adult's only resort we were inundated with kids. We honeymooned in Cozumel and have returned to Mexico many times. We don't tend to celebrate our anniversary during July mainly because of the humidity and heat. For example we have been to Las Vegas and Key West on true anniversaries and about died from the heat.

Any place you chose will probably be fine with regard to no real storm activity. With that budget you will get way more for your money in Mexico and the DR. We have been to Aruba, Curacao and St. Lucia and spent way more for just air and hotel than the $2,500 you have allotted. Haven't been to Barbados as the only nice AI's we could find there with air was over $4,000. I agree that you probably don't need AI in Aruba and Barbados. You will be hard pressed to find a resort that is adult only anywhere but Mexico and the DR. Other destinations have maybe 1 or 2 choices.

Once you decided on an destination, we can help with resorts and activities.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 09:53 AM

Why are you being told to stay away from the Mayan Riviera and St. Lucia?

There are lots of adult only all-inclusives and I think you should concentrate on those if you want a child-free environment. Mexico, Dominican Republic and Jamaica have the most all-inclusives and indeed are the most budget-friendly as well. Barbados is not an inexpensive destination and I'm not sure your budget will stretch enough there. You can probably stay in your budget in Aruba but it's hugely popular with families and in the summer you are likely to be surrounded with kids. I believe there are only a couple of all-inclusives on Aruba and none that are adult only (as far as I know). I don't have any experience with Curacao.

You'll find opportunities for excursions in Mexico and Jamaica and nightlife in both of those locations as well.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 11:38 AM

Aruba has a very highly rated adults only hotel.

Bucuti.com (and tara suites) It is very pricy and I don't believe it is a/I. It does include breakfast but it will come in under budget but if the $2500 is to include air as well then it does not but it is a great place so I hear. Just some food for thought. You would be more assured of nice weather in July as well in Aruba. I don't think that will be an issue no matter where you choose.