Best Carribean Island for June Honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2010, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, we are going on Honeymoon in June and wanted to know what island would be best at that time of year. Our preference would be somewhere that offers All inclusive and that is not too quiet as we are fairly hyper active so would like lots of activities. Would like somewhere a bit different as its our honeymoon but somewhere exotic. From what I have read, Turks and Caicos or Curacao seem to be the best at this time of year but would love some help
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 08:43 AM

June is a great month anywhere in the Caribbean. The weather is normally very nice, water temperatures are warm, room prices are usually at their lowest of the year and there are very few crowds. If you count the Bahamas there are over 800 different islands and 1,000's of resorts.

You'll find most of the All Inclusives throughout the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Cancun, Cozemel and Playa del Carmen. You'll also find some AI's on Antigua and a few on the other islands.

There is no "one best island" they are just different. My suggestion is you go to the "Destinations" link at the top of this page, click through to the Caribbean, read through the descriptions of each island to find one or two that most interest you. Once you do that you can begin to look at the various resorts on those islands.

Do some basic reading and research and things will start to become much clearer.
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 10:12 AM
KVR

We've been to 14 AI hotels. Since you specifically asked regarding Curacao and and Turks & Cacicos, I wouldn't recommend Curacao. First, it's very hard to get to by plane and airfare is very expensive. Their beaches are made up of crushed coral. There are several inlets/coves and not just a very long stretch of beach. You'll either need a good car and a map to find them or take a guided tour. There is one AI hotel; Breezes, which is very family friendly, needs updating and gets pretty bad reviews.

Turks and Caicos is a good choice if you are looking for a great beach and lots of water related activities. The Veranda is new resort that offers an AI package.

Most of the AI resorts are in Mexico, Dominican Repbulic and Jamaica. There are few in other Islands also, but not as abundant.

If you can provide more specific details of what you are looking for or not wanting, budget, departure point, ect. we can provide you with better information.

You might also read through all the other posts regarding honeymoons that other people have asked and we have answered. Might give you a better idea of what you're looking for.
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 04:14 PM

You may want to reveal your age as it may help people guide you as to what AI's you'd like.

We went to a Sandals Halcyon in St. Lucia for our honeymoon 10 years ago. Sandals are adult only, which is nice for a honeymoon. The one we went to was 95% young honeymooners in July. We checked out Sandals Regency while there too, and while still lots of honeymooners, there were some guests who were older, probably because they had a golf course there. On another vacation we went to Sandals Royal Bahamian which was a lot more of a mixed crowd and fewer honeymooners. If you want to check them out their website is http://www.sandals.com/

For our 10th anniversary this past year we checked out a different adults only AI called Secrets. We went to the Maroma Beach Mexico location. While we really liked the resort and the Beach was the softest white sand I have ever seen, it was really HOT in Mexico in July. I suspect going to a resort on an island would be a lot cooler due to the ocean breeze. Secrets has a location on the island of the Dominican Republic, and I will probably be going to that one next time I'm looking for an AI. Again the crowd at the Maroma beach location was a mixture. Here is their web address http://www.secretsresorts.com/index.html

Lastly, in one post you said you are coming from Ireland, I don't know if that means you are Irish, or maybe just getting married there. If you are Irish I can see how you may be attracted to Curacao as there are a lot of European travelers that go there. We are going to Curacao this summer too. When I did my research, Beaches is the only AI there and it didn't get good reviews, plus it's more of a family resort. If you want to go to Curacao (there is a direct flight from Miami on American), I would give up on the AI option and stay at one of the Kura Hulandia properties. They seem to have the most exotic and honeymoon-like feel to them.

Good luck!