Search

Best Family Vacation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Family Vacation

We are planning a trip with my husband, myself and daughters 11 and 13 this summer. I am having trouble deciding but think we would like to do the USVI or BVI. Can anyone recommend a great spot for a family like us?
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 03:10 AM

Try Jamaica or one of the out islands of the Bahamas. Also if you have never rented a villa look into that. We have never gone back to the resort/hotel thing after 8-10 vacations renting villas.
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 02:28 PM

What activities are you interested in? We are going back to St. John for the second time with our kids and we had a great time. Focus was on hanging out on the many beaches (we rented a jeep) and snorkeling. There are also many good hikes.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 01:16 PM

Really just about any island will do for families with kids, as each has something good to offer. My husband and I took our granddaughter to Tortola in the BVI for her 13th birthday and it was perfect for us. Our main requirements for choosing the island were good snorkeling, nice beaches, lush & hilly interior, and outside of the US system.

We stayed at the Sugar Mill in a family suite and rented a car for our entire stay. We explored different beaches every morning and afternoon and we took a day trip on a sailboat for extra snorkeling and to get a taste of island hopping. We ran out of time before we saw and did everything we wanted to do. such as hiking & horseback riding.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 01:31 PM

The Westin on St. John is considered to be a nice spot for families. We are going in April. The beach is supposed to be just OK, but most people travel to various beaches on the island. Many people rent villas but I thought my children (ages 9 and 13) would enjoy being around other children.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 06:32 PM

Our Family with 3 children ages 2-10, loved every minute on St. Croix. We rented Fjell House which overlooked Buck Island, which is not to be missed. The island offeered a varity of things to do. The kids really enjoyed learning the history and exploring the forts. Great snorkeling from many different places around the island. A fantasic family vacation, great resteraunts varied prices, very friendly people safe to go off and explore the entire island. A car rental is a must. I can not say enough good things about St. Croix, It is a very fond memory.
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 12:05 PM
rd3

Try Maho Bay (www.maho.org). Stay in one of the condos. St John has the best snorkeling (or diving). You can snorkel for days at the beach at the resort and the staff is very relaxed (almost hippie like). It is very reasonably priced compared to many of the USVI resorts.