best dive operators

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Kristen

best dive operators

Can anyone recommend a good company for SCUBA diving in Grand Cayman. We plan to get certified before our trip so we will be beginners. But we want to experience the best reefs/wrecks etc...<BR><BR>There are so many operators to choose from, and I would like to have a good reference as opposed to just picking one at random.<BR><BR>Thanks so much!

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 11:36 AM
steve

Kristen I have used Don Fosters in the Caymans and know they have run a full service operation for at least 20 years.<BR><BR>When inquiring with any dive shop make sure you tell them up front that you will be newly certified so they can plan accordingly. Ask how big the groups are and how they accomodate beginner divers.<BR><BR>You want a company that will not lump you in with a bunch of experts.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Cathy

Bob Soto's company is one of the oldest if not the oldest company in Grand Caymen, and supposed to be very good.<BR><BR>I would research a couple of companies that are established and have a good saftey record. Steve's advice is also excellent. Whoever you go with, let them know that you are beginners.<BR><BR>Have a great time!

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Sue

We like Ocean Frontiers.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 01:05 PM
cayman420

Sunset House has the most experienced.<BR>They will get a feel for your experience and suit you with the best dive group for your ability.<BR>These guys arent asunderpaid and over worked as some dive shop.