best dive operator in grand caymen

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 11:23 AM
debbie

best dive operator in grand caymen

My husband would like to do a 2 tank dive - one on the wall and the other a shipwreck - does anyone know dive operators he could sign up with? Thanks!

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Cathy

Bob Soto is the oldest and one of the best if not the best on Grand Caymen. I don't know if his trips fall within the arrival and departure times of most ships. The last time I checked a couple of years ago, his trips didn't. It may have changed.

My advice is to check out his web site and find out if he has any trips that start and end within ship times. If not, he may be able to recommend a reputable dive company that meets the ships timetable.

Don't forget to compare the independent trip to the one offered by the ship.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 10:25 PM
jean

Does Bob Soto still own Bob Sotos? Thought he had retired.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 01:08 AM
Paul Therault

I went with Soto once and with Don Foster twice. Get to dive the wreck of the Cali, the North Wall and Sting Ray City.

Ocean Frontiers is said to be great on Grand Cayman. Second only to the Cayman Diving Lodge. I believe you have to stay at the Cayman Diving Lodge in order to book. But I am going to try Ocean Frontiers next.

Paul

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Cathy

Jean,

Bob Soto's is the name of the dive company. Whether of not Bob has retired or not is immaterial. They are a very reputable dive company and have excellent, qualified dive masters. Debbie simply wanted the name of a very good operator.

Debbie, you could probably contact Soto's and the other companies via e-mail and see what they have to offer.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 01:52 AM
Paul Therault

Good advice Cathy.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 05:36 AM
Sandra

My husband & son used Dive Tech in West Bay. They are located underneath the Cracked Conch. Both were very pleased w/ this operation. They also operate out of Colbat Coast too. Both of websites. Good luck.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:45 AM
debbie

thank you so much for all the advice!W