Best destination poll

Jan 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Best destination poll

Hello. I wanted to put a poll together to see what those think of their previous destinations, their experiences, and other factors so that it would help others determine just who seems to have similar interests and whose advice would be better suited to follow than others. Please cut and paste and add your own two cents. Thanks in advance for your time, your perspective, and your shared experience.

1. What is your favorite Caribbean destination for:
A. Beaches:
B. Things to do:
C. Feeling of Safety:
D. Caribbean food of exceptional quality:
E. Resorts:
F. A non commercialized experience:
G. Friendly for kids (7-10yr) without being cheesy:
H. Near Ruins or areas of cultural or historical interest:
I: All inclusives that had great friendly service:
J: All inclusives that had authentic food of excellent quality:
K: Best tours and opportunities for shutterbugs:

2. Now what were the destinations that left you feeling you wouldn't go back and why?

3. How important is the food for you in deciding on your destination? Do you look for the comforts of home or do you want to only have the food of the region you are visiting:

4. What place did you feel most drawn to and why?

5. What place made you feel was rich in culture?

6. Where else have you been?

7. Whats your next destination and why?
Jan 15th, 2009, 07:11 AM

You need to pick & choose some questions if you expect many responses, + many of these topics have already been addressed ad nauseum. You may want to do a little research & fine tune it a bit. This looks like a Conde Nast questionaire.
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:00 AM

Sorry, but I'll be brutally frank. I wouldn't take the time to answer this many questions even I was being paid to take a survey.
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:02 AM
cdw

St. John is our favorite overall reasons, but there are no all inclusives there. We like to rent a villa or stay at Gallows Point.

For the all inclusive scene, we enjoy the Mayan Riviera (aea south of Cancun). The resorts we enjoy most are Barcelo Maya Palace and Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:03 AM

correction...meant "even IF I was being paid to take a survey."
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:46 AM

Do you work for some Carib travel rag ??
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:18 AM

If you're trying to figure out where you want to go, may I kindly suggest you answering your questions for what you look for on vacation?

Our opinions are subjective, like art-

For example; say, I'm looking for an all inclusive that has the best fish restaurants. Not a general: What's your favorite resort?

Then we can make recomendations based and what you're looking for.

Unless you need this info for a survey, which this isn't the place to do it!
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:26 AM
KVR

I think your question is legit, as I have responded your your other posts and know you are trying to plan a trip. However, it is a little convuluted, but I'll give it a try.

I do agree that all this info is spread out all over these forums and putting it in one thread may be helpful to others than repeating the same info over and over again in numerous threads for others to hunt through.

1. What is your favorite Caribbean destination for:

A. Beaches: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Aruba, Turks and Caicos

B. Things to do: Cancun, Play del Carmen, Mayan Rivieria

C. Feeling of Safety: Grand Cayman, Aruba, Turks & Caicos

D. Caribbean food of exceptional
quality: Not necessary Caribbean food, but all food - Aruba

E. Resorts: AI resorts Cozumel, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mayan Rivieria, Jamaica, Dominican Republic

F. A non commercialized experience: Mexico, St. Lucia, Jamaica

G. Friendly for kids (7-10yr) without being cheesy: We have no kids and try to avoid

H. Near Ruins or areas of cultural or historical interest: Mayan Rivieria, Jamaica

I: All inclusives that had great friendly service: Too many to mention, but most really great AI's are in Caribbean Mexico, Dominican Republic and Jamaica

J: All inclusives that had authentic food of excellent quality: All inclusive and authentic food of excellent quality do not go hand in hand. Some, but not all higher quailty AI's may fall within that catagory. Hotels that offer an AI plan as well a pay as you go tend to have the better food as their's are for profit to other guests and outsiders and need to be good.

K: Best tours and opportunities for shutterbugs: Right off the top of my head; Mexico and St. Lucia. But, your welcome to check out our picture web-site at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kvrlvn

2. Now what were the destinations that left you feeling you wouldn't go back and why? Turks and Cacios -too boring, St. John/St. Thomas - just not us, Puerta Rico/Nassau, Bahamas - no need to return, Puerta Vallarta - too many annoying street vendors and time share sharks, beaches are not nice at all, Hawaii - over priced, ocean/atmosphere is nothing like the Caribbean

3. How important is the food for you in deciding on your destination? I will stay a sub-par AI resorts in Mexico and eat that food just to save some bucks and get to have more than 2 or 3 trips a year. DH will eat anthing put in front of him and be very happy he didn't have to cook it or clean it up.

Do you look for the comforts of home or do you want to only have the food of the region you are visiting: Both

4. What place did you feel most drawn to and why? Mexico - love the atmosphere, the food, the beaches, the people and the bars.

5. What place made you feel was rich in culture? Mexico, Jamaica, St. Lucia

7. Whats your next destination and why? Still on our list are Curacao, Barbados with day trips to Grenada, Tobago Cays and the Grenedines, Antigua, and keep returning to Mexico