best beaches,snorkeling,food w/children

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please tell me where you think the best place is in the Caribean for snorkeling, food, with children 8 and 11? Also, prefer a lush island----may take a house or villa or hotel if not 5 star and over the top.
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 03:18 PM

St. John would work well for your needs.
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 07:06 PM

St. John would definitely fit your bill. Check out Caribbeandays.com for a variety of rentals. We have had friends with kids visit us on St. John, and the island provides lots of low-key entertainment. Gorgeous beaches, easy, accessible snorkeling, and lots of wild goats, donkeys, mongoose, and iguanas to amuse them. There's a variety of restaurants and markets to take care of even picky children. The children we have entertained aged: 1,2,5,6,7,8,10,11,12.
Old Aug 28th, 2005, 10:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
If you are looking for a spring, summer or fall vacation, I can recommend Bermuda as a very pretty,safe island that has snorkeling and good food. We have taken our children there and had wonderful vacations. The big hotels are the Fairmont Southhampton, Elbow Beach (mandarin chain) and Wyndam(have heard so-so reviews of this one). We stayed at the Reefs which a small resort, beach front and our breakfast and dinner were included in our room rates. The food was excellent and the service friendly. There is no tv in the regular room. I believe some of the suites may offer that. We went twice with our kids and they were 5 to 9 years old and did not miss the tv one bit.
I have not been to Grand Cayman, but I do know that they have great snorkeling and it is a family friendly place.
Old Aug 28th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

thanks to you both. I have been to Stj. twice and we did love it---esp. Maho Bay and Leinster. Would like to move. Looking for somewhere else---have been to many of the islands---Stlucia twice, St Vincent, Bequia. Thinking of Antigua or renting a house on V.Gorda.

Any thoughts on these or other? Like the non-american feel also in places----not that that is bad, just like a change of pace and not developed. If St. Lucia had StJohn's beaches that would be awesome!
Old Aug 28th, 2005, 04:56 PM

Agree with you about wishing St Lucia had St John's beaches!! St Lucia is sooo beautiful.