Reload this Page >

Best all-inclusive resort in Aruba?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 05:46 AM
Bijan

Looking to travel to Aruba in July. Was wondering does anyone have reviews on the following resorts: 1)Tamarijn aruba all inclusive resort, 2)La Cabana all suite beach resort, 3) Divi aruba beach resort, 4)Holiday inn aruba beach resort? Also, any suggestions on other places? Where else can I find reviews on Aruba?<BR><BR>

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 05:56 AM
Lisa

Out of the ones you have listed the Divi would be the nicest. But, the Allegro on Palm Beach also has an all-inclusive option. All-inclusive is not necessary in Aruba as safety is not a concern and there are so many wonderful restaurants to choose from. So yo may want to consider the Wyndham in the high-rise section (which is a GREAT choice with good service)or if you want a small hotel on a HUGE beach with good personal service then the Bucuti. Chect out the package rates at Travel Unlimited (www.travelunlimited.com) as they specialize in Aruba and their rates are hard to beat.

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 01:07 PM
eileen

Try visitaruba.com We stayed at La Cabana in March 2000 and thought it was a nice place and a good value. It is very large. If you do stay there make sure you stay in the front section -- not the newer section "La Cabana Villas" in the back. There are absolutely no views from there. We were in room 304(C) and had a great view. However, I would not recommend a meal plan in Aruba. Most people at La Cabana do not take it, so La Cabana is not really an all-inclusive. There are so many great restaurants in Aruba (and I found them to be reasonably priced) that I think you would miss out on a lot if you do an all-inclusive. I would take condo accommodations so you can eat breakfast and lunch in and then eat dinner out. Also some fast food options in Aruba, a very well-stocked grocery store and a dunkin donuts on site at La Cabana, as well as an Outback Steakhouse.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a travel agent and I toured most of the resorts in Aruba in May. The Tamarijn was extremely casual (too much so for me) but all of the rooms were right on the ocean. I would not stay there as it seemed a little run down. We hated La Cabana. I am not too picky as long as it is clean and not tacky, but I felt sick walking down the mildew, smoky smelling hall to our room. The rooms were just okay. I really liked the Divi. It was nicely set up and I like the pool area. The rooms were basic but big and conveniently located. The Holiday Inn was fine. It was a Holiday Inn, no better no worse. My secret find? Amsterdam Manor! They had studios, one and 2 bedrooms with kitchens. Open showers, meal plan available, reasonable prices for food and drinks (Unusual). It is quiet, but they had a great bartender for happy hour and FREE INTERNET ACCESS!! The rates are extremely reasonable. It is across the street from the beach, but you are closer than if you were in any of the high rises and you can have ocean views. Please let me know if I can answer anything else for you.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 05:57 PM

If you go all-inky on this island, you will be cheating yourself out of a lot of FINE dining experiences. There is just no reason for it!!!! This island has much to offer-experience it, not just a resort.
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 06:35 PM

We were in Aruba in May, and I would never consider doing an AI there; there are many wonderful restaurants on the island. I can't imagine spending a whole vacation on the premises of the hotel. As someone said, it is a very safe island, and part of the fun is experiencing different restaurants.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 04:14 AM

I wouldn't do an AI.
I recommend La Cabana, but as a previous poster said, don't get a room way in the back. The resort is HUGe but amazing.