bucuti resort or manchebo resort in aruba

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! My fiancee and I are trying to decide between the Manchebo and the Bucuti for our honeymoon. The Manchebo will be less expensive and I am not sure how much time we will be spending in our room. Does anyone have any opinions on this?
Old May 7th, 2007, 01:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Haven't been to either one, but I have read that the Bucuti is very nice. I have not heard as much about the Manchebo. You also only have one honeymoon (hopefully ) So, I would go for the Bucuti. We stayed at the marriott on Aruba and loved our stay. Hope you enjoy Aruba!!
Old May 7th, 2007, 04:32 PM

Ooohhh... I'm the worst person to ask because I wouldn't stay anywhere other than Bucuti.

I did look at Manchebo resort 2 years ago when I was looking at taking my son to Aruba since I value the 'couples only atmosphere' at Bucuti and wouldn't want to take a 17yr old there - but we went to T&C instead.

Manchebo looks like a nice resort but my heart is with Bucuti.
Old May 9th, 2007, 01:22 PM

Hey Alya, If we decided to spring for the Bucuti what rooms would you suggest? If you could be specific that would be great! We hear that the beach is great? How was the water? Do you know if there are any tavel agencies that Bucuti goes through like apple vacations? We are trying to get an airfare and hotel combo rate.
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:35 PM

We have stayed at Bucuti several times.
We have often had breakfast at Manchebo. Bucuti feels quieter, more peaceful and is different in tone. I believe Manchebo recently renovated their rooms. We are "fans" of Bucuti, but if price difference is significant and would cause you trouble in the future, both Manchebo and Bucuti share the same lovely beach. I would check out the web site for both resorts. I think that you can get a feel for the difference in rooms from the website.
People rave about the Tara Suites at Bucuti. I love to sit and look out at the ocean, but at Bucuti, we stick with the Superior garden view as the ocean view feels so far back, it doesn't seem worth it. Even prior to renovation of the basic Bucuti rooms, we were pleased with the cleanliness and comfort. Try an Aruba Board for more info. These are both well thought of resorts for those who like the Eagle Beach area.
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:41 PM

Hi Knor

We always booked direct with Bucuti - as to the rooms, we've only stayed in the Tara Suites and I've always recommended the ground floor since you can walk out of the room and straight to the beach.

After last year when we stayed on the 3rd floor - I actually would now recommend the higher rooms since you have privacy and a wonderful view of the beach/sea/sunset.

The beach is wonderful (this is the same for Manchebo), the water was a little 'choppy' last year.

Wherever you stay you HAVE to go to Le Dome for their Sunday Brunch - $39pp last year and the champagne is free flowing.

There is a trip report here somewhere but this is an easier link http://p099.ezboard.com/feuropetogof...icID=323.topic
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Hey Everyone - This is great feedback.
Alya, which room number or area did you have? It sounds like the upper floors are great. I took a peek at your trip. SOunds like you had a great time! By the way, I am always lured by the promise free-flowing champagne.
Allietoo, which room were you in? Did you have privacy or street noise? We are thinking of taking a cheaper room at the Bucuti to off set the price. Did you book directly through the Bucuti too?

Thanks for all the help!
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:19 PM

hi needsavacation (don't we all )

I can't remember the room numbers - the rooms are all the same, it's not a big building (36 rooms? (8 rooms per floor?) and all the rooms face the sea.

We were in the middle of the building and never heard any noise from other guests or, now I think about it the elevator- which we were opposite.

Repeat after me - "LE DOME SUNDAY BRUNCH"
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Just in cast Allietoo doesn't check in - I can't imagine that the Garden rooms have any traffic noise since Bucuti isn't on a main road.

http://www.bucuti.com/en/rooms/propertymap.php the main entrance is on a dead end so as you can see all the rooms are away from any traffic going to and from Bucuti.
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:45 PM

I don't recall any traffic noise, however it is not a fab. view. You might be looking at another side of a building but usually a building softened by Palm Trees.
Like Alya,we also loved Le Dome for the Sunday Brunch although I remember a much more extensive brunch menu than what is currently on their website. Nonetheless, it's a lovely occasion, worth dressing up for a little. It's a pretty room, attentive service, delicious food and with that the right company and the champagne, pretty special feeling.
Old May 10th, 2007, 05:35 PM

Allie

I think we both forgot to mention that Le Dome is in walking distance of Bucuti and a very nice walk back along the beach.

Have you tried Pizza Bobs?